Anyone selling a kdx 220 cylinder from their parts bike?

Got questions? We got answers....
kdxinmt

Anyone selling a kdx 220 cylinder from their parts bike?

Post by kdxinmt »

Hey all,

I recently had a catastrophic failure of a piston ring which really badly messed up the side of the cylinder. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has a parts bike that would be willing to sell me their cylinder (the top end of the motor)? Or, know where I can get one for cheaper than buying a new one? I would really appreciate anyones help.

Thanks!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

eBay... that's where I got my spare...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
akagalford

Post by akagalford »

I'm working on a 98 KX125 that chewed up 3/4 of the piston ring. From looking around and some other forums people have highly recommended http://www.eric-gorr.com from what I understand they can build the metal backup and re-plate the cylinder or you could possibly bore out and go for a slightly bigger piston.

I'm sending mine out this week to them. Thinking I'll end up going with a big bore kit for it.

Pictures of the damage:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I had a seriously gouged up cylinder welded and re-plated at langcourt. Came back looking better than new. Cost was around 200, might end up being a bit more than that, but they can give you a price before they start work.

Ebay is the way to go if you want to replace it, but keep in mind, the used cylinder you get is likely to be due for a replate too. You can fit any 200/220 cylinder from 95+.
kdxinmt

Post by kdxinmt »

Ok thanks guys. I will check out those options.