Gallery?

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
Kyle651

Gallery?

Post by Kyle651 »

I haven't been able to get to the gallery on this site, just wondering if it is something on my end or server side.

I get the following error when trying to view a gallery -

Code: Select all

Warning: opendir(/home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/albums) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php:71) in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 496

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php:71) in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php:71) in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 503

and the following when trying to create one -

Code: Select all

Warning: opendir(/home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/albums) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 71

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 121

Warning: fopen(/home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/albums/album01/photos.dat.lock) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 55
Error: Could not open lock file (/home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/albums/album01/photos.dat.lock)!

Warning: fopen(/home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/albums/albumdb.dat.lock) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 55
Error: Could not open lock file (/home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/albums/albumdb.dat.lock)!
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php:71) in /home/kdxrider/public_html/forums/modules/gallery/do_command.php on line 121
Thanks,
Kyle
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The Gallery has been gone for quite some time now due to the Hosting companies security policies.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

New host?
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All hosts have changed policies....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Kyle651

Post by Kyle651 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:The Gallery has been gone for quite some time now due to the Hosting companies security policies.
What kind of security policies block a gallery?
I used to run a forum off of phpBB and there was a plugin of some sort, can't remember the name, that allows a gallery?

By the way, if you ever need help setting anything up on this site as far as html/css/js/flash coding, let me know and I'll help you out.

-Kyle
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The GET command.... most all hosts run in "safe mode" due to all the hacking going on. I can't get around it... I have tried.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Kyle651

Post by Kyle651 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:The GET command.... most all hosts run in "safe mode" due to all the hacking going on. I can't get around it... I have tried.
Have you tried any different types of galleries?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

None will run in safe mode.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Kyle651

Post by Kyle651 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:None will run in safe mode.
That sucks, :(
No other hosts run non-safemode?

edit - Could you make a new forum topic "Pictures" or something, where people can make their own "Gallery Thread" or something? A small work-around?

-Kyle
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yes... but they put you on an isolated subnet on crappy servers and it is slow and subject to being hacked... not something I want.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Kyle651

Post by Kyle651 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Yes... but they put you on an isolated subnet on crappy servers and it is slow and subject to being hacked... not something I want.
Maybe do the picture topic or something? That way people could make threads that are their "galleries" and could link them in their sig, etc...

:-/
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There is you bike profiles section... and the Riding pics and Vids section.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kdxtreme »

Indawoods,

Sorry I posted a parts wanted in the for sale section.
Howie :oops:
Did I say riding?
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Can post links to a photobucket/similar site. phpBB is getting flogged these days.
I used to run a forum off of phpBB and there was a plugin of some sort
It used to be cool. I can only imagine the account pruning inda must go through on here. I have a barely active phpBB, and it gets 1000's of attempted bot-created accounts weekly.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project