What is wrong with this picture?

Got questions? We got answers....
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

What is wrong with this picture?

Post by Sapphire »

I know, i said I wouldn't bug you guys anymore...

"1995 Kawasaki KDX 200 Loaded with all of the extras and in immaculate condition. Most parts are either new or in new condition. One owner bike with very few rides(less than 10) and never raced or ridden in sand. This bike was built for performance and reliability, is setup to run on pump gas and has a fresh top end with zero hours. It runs strong but is still very easy to start and ride. Most parts are either new or in new condition.
Extras include, Fredette Racing woods porting and chain guide, RB Designs carb and head mod, Full Race Tech suspension front and rear including springs and Gold Valves, FMF exhaust system, WER steering damper, Pro Taper bars and mounts, Boyesen Rad valve, New tires, KX 125 kickstarter, Stainless hardware and LOTS MORE!!
$2,250.00"

If the bike had only been ridden 10 times, why would it have/need a fresh top end? Also, how is it "set up to run on pump gas"?? Is this the injection system?? Is it easy to disable that so you can ensure it wont fail by using mixed gas???

He is asking $50 more for this bike than the one that is bone stock but newer.....

Thanks
canuckhybrid125
Supporting Member

Re: What is wrong with this picture?

Post by canuckhybrid125 »

>|<>QBB<
Sapphire wrote:I know, i said I wouldn't bug you guys anymore...

"1995 Kawasaki KDX 200 Loaded with all of the extras and in immaculate condition. Most parts are either new or in new condition. One owner bike with very few rides(less than 10) and never raced or ridden in sand. This bike was built for performance and reliability, is setup to run on pump gas and has a fresh top end with zero hours. It runs strong but is still very easy to start and ride. Most parts are either new or in new condition.
Extras include, Fredette Racing woods porting and chain guide, RB Designs carb and head mod, Full Race Tech suspension front and rear including springs and Gold Valves, FMF exhaust system, WER steering damper, Pro Taper bars and mounts, Boyesen Rad valve, New tires, KX 125 kickstarter, Stainless hardware and LOTS MORE!!
$2,250.00

If the bike had only been ridden 10 times, why would it have/need a fresh top end? Also, how is it "set up to run on pump gas"?? Is this the injection system?? Is it easy to disable that so you can ensure it wont fail by using mixed gas???

He is asking $50 more for this bike than the one that is bone stock but newer.....

Thanks
Back already :shock: This bike sure has alot of mods for only being ridden 10 times,im sure it was used quite a bit.It does have everything you would want to add to a stock bike.
Last edited by canuckhybrid125 on 02:05 pm Apr 30 2010, edited 2 times in total.
It Is What It Is

2000 KX KDX Hybrid
2006 KX 100
2004 TTR 125 LE
2010 KTM 300
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Actually the manual says to tear down the topend and inspect when you get the damn thing. Crazy talk!

I would definately go check that puppy out.... don't expect it to run like a stock KDX though. Should be quite a bit snappier.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Sapphire »

What are the Fredette and RB mods worth...and the Race Tech stuff? Thats got to be $700+ in mods doesn't it?

Unfortunately, I cant go check it out, its too far...BUT...my wifes uncle lives there and is traveling this way a fair bit... The pics look good..here..I'll post one.

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Pump gas means: NOT race gas but you still HAVE to use premix :roll:
I always thought Fredette porting and RB goodies didn't work too well together?

2250 is worth it with all the upgrades if the bike looks good.
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Sapphire »

The "uncle in law" is out of town so there is no way I am going to get on this one anytime soon... sorry for the false alarm...

Shoot though, if there is someone in the Portland area...this sure is a sweet sounding bike.

There is also a 93' in the "Keiser, OR" area that is kinda tricked out.
mercenary223

Post by mercenary223 »

It may just be me but 2250 still seems high to me even with all the goodies
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

^ Would agree, but since you're chomping at the bit, looking at a bone stock one for the same $, and it's the time for sellers to get PEAK $ for their bike, i'd say got for it! You can find this bike for $1500 in November. :wink:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Sapphire
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Sapphire »

:neutral: That sucks... oh well...whats a few hundred dollars huh.... I AM chomping at the bit, but I am also smart enough to know if I keep waiting and watching a good deal will present itself!
06' 200 Bone Stock
mercenary223

Post by mercenary223 »

I would also say never buy a bike before you ride it you might not even like all the mods I always get good at the bike I have and then upgade the bike to my skill level.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Sounds like this guy thinks he's gonna get all his money BACK out of that bike. Sorry, but that doesn't happen. I doubt he'll ever get 2250 out of that 95, unfortunately. It does sound like a nice ride, and if it were mine, I probably wouldn't want to sell it for less. I'd offer maybe 1600 - 1800?

Personally I'd rather find a good deal on a relatively unmolested bike and mod it myself. I don't generally put a lot of trust into other peoples work. For all you know he's the kind of guy that cleans up old rusty bearings and puts them back in.:twisted: After all, why would you sink all that money into mods just to ride a bike 10 times in 15 years?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:Sounds like this guy thinks he's gonna get all his money BACK out of that bike. Sorry, but that doesn't happen. I doubt he'll ever get 2250 out of that 95, unfortunately. It does sound like a nice ride, and if it were mine, I probably wouldn't want to sell it for less. I'd offer maybe 1600 - 1800?
That's why I'm gonna have a back up bike in my garage after i'm done with my hybrid build :supz:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Most guys will strip a bike of all the goodies and put stock parts back on... sell the bike then sell the goodies.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

>|<>QBB<
Sapphire wrote:The "uncle in law" is out of town so there is no way I am going to get on this one anytime soon... sorry for the false alarm...

Shoot though, if there is someone in the Portland area...this sure is a sweet sounding bike.

There is also a 93' in the "Keiser, OR" area that is kinda tricked out.
I was very tempted to go look at that '93 and bail on the '94 I bought to fix up. I decided to work with what I got.
There was a nice '00 KDX200 with KX forks that recently sold for $1500. That '95 looks / sounds nice, but I wouldn't pay that kinda cheese for a '95 anything.