JD jetting/Pilot Jet

Got questions? We got answers....
summitrider04
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

JD jetting/Pilot Jet

Post by summitrider04 »

This kit doesn't come with pilot jets. Do I need to change it (dependent on how far the air screw is out) or keep the stock (48) in there and just change the mains accordingly?
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

I think you'll need to provide a little more info on what you're trying to accomplish...
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

summitrider04
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by summitrider04 »

Can you run a JD needle with a different then stock (48) pilot jet? When I called JD jetting, and asked why the kit didn't come with any pilot jets, the lady told me it's supposed to work with the stock pilot jet. So this led me to believe it "only" works with the #48.

After reading the Jetting How-to:
Sounds like you find the correct pilot jet size by having your air screw fall between 1 and 2.5 turns out. And you can find your main jet by doing a plug chop test.

You only buy the JD kit if you want to run his needle.... sound about right?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Jets should be thought of like something that needs to be changed depending on your environment and mods done. They are meant to be changed. If your bike is running to rich... go down on the jetting.... too lean.... go up on the jetting.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yep
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project