E6 Graphics?

Got questions? We got answers....
Redlined

E6 Graphics?

Post by Redlined »

I just picked up a '94 KDX200 for my girlfriend. It's not the best example, but the price was right and it runs awesome in spite of the evident lack of care.
I just ordered all new plastics, Moose shifter, tires, seat cover and so on. The only graphics I seem to find are Ceet Apex ($69.99), which just cover the rad shrouds. Anything else out there? Sorry if this has been beat to death, I couldn't find any info with a search.

I'll put some pics up of this project if anyone is interested. I'm not looking for a concourse restoration, just presentable and functional. The plan is to tear it down, repack/replace bearings, repaint the frame (some boob painted it blue), new fork seals, bars, and replace any bent up or worn out bits.
I'm upgrading her from a CRF230. The E-series KDX struck the right balance of comfort, capability and seat height for her next step. She's gotten fast enough that the suspension on the CRF is holding her back.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome! You're gonna have a hard time on the graphics. I like the way the e looks stripped of it's graphics, honestely. (with a black seat cover) Can use some black number panels to help break up the solid green, too.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Rocky mountain has graphics for the H some maybe for the e too.
As for the frame, I believe some years were already blue from factory.
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

Does anyone have templates for the E series side panels, (DIY from blank stock) OEM is $20+ each.
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

Some frames were blue...

Redlined

Post by Redlined »

>|<>QBB<
Tomm9050 wrote:Does anyone have templates for the E series side panels, (DIY from blank stock) OEM is $20+ each.
88+ KX500 backgrounds work and are (semi) plentiful.
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

these will work??? http://tinyurl.com/23ctp7z

Thanks!
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

I don't have any pictures, but if you buy uncut numberplate backgrounds, you can make a template pretty easily with some masking tape and paper. I just did this to make green backgrounds for my KX hybrid project.

Put a couple 8-inch lengths of tape onto somthing you can peel the tape from easliy, like an old magazine. Use a ruler and razor to cut the tape into 1/16" thin strips. Peel one off and use it to establish the border on your numberplate. Since it's so thin, you can easily curve it to match any contour you like, and you get a nice, continuous border.

Once your tape border is established, take a large piece of paper, ideally big enough to cover the whole area you want to cover. Then use a crayon with the wrapper removed to do a rubbing of the border, pressing the paper down over the plastic to approximate the plate's contours.

Once you have the outline on paper, cut it out, then use a sharpie to trace it on your adhesive backgrounds and cut them out. Ta-da! Custom-cut backgrounds.
David Eckel
Tomm9050

Post by Tomm9050 »

Good tip!

Thanks
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

>|<>QBB<
Tomm9050 wrote:these will work??? http://tinyurl.com/23ctp7z

Thanks!
Those look right I guess. They changed the front number plate over the years on the KX5. Below are some other examples from Ebay. You can also get custom backgrounds for the KX5.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=kx500+ ... t=0&bkBtn=