Hello from Ohio

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
DaBen

Hello from Ohio

Post by DaBen »

I just wanted to say hello. My name is Ben I live in Ravenna, OH. I just purchased a 2001 KDX220R for my wife and wanted to joined to hopefully find out a little more about this wonderful little machine. This this is amazing it can just put around like a tractor and crack it open and it will loft the front end with ease. As far as specs go it is claimed 60lbs lighter than my DRZ400E but it feels like hundreds of pounds lighter its got me thinking that I may want a KDX for me to ride.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome Ben!

The more you ride the KDX... the more you will wish that you had bought it for yourself.... :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Welcome to the site Ben . . .

this is a great place to learn about that KDX, whosever it ends up belonging to!

What do you know about this bike?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
GS

Post by GS »

Hi Ben!
DRZ400, eh?
Would you care to share a few comments on that beast? I'm considering one for on-road/fire-road use, NOT tight trails and would appreciate some feedback from an owner.

Good choice, that 220, by the way!

CHUG ALONG LIKE A TRACTOR, THEY DO ! :grin:
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Hey Ben. CSX Railroader here. Big project shop in Ravenna. Get ya a KDX! You'll love it! Very versatile bike, and alot of fun. Very dependable too. Welcome!
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
blimpman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by blimpman »

Hi Ben... I live close to you in Cuyahoga Falls. I have a 2000 220R too. Great bike. You'll learn alot here! Welcome to the site.

Brian
Brian
The destination is just a by-product of the journey
1990 KDX 200-E1 - Donated to my riding buddy Bill!
2003 YZ125
2008 WR250R
2005 TT-R230
DaBen

Post by DaBen »

>|<>QBB<
Rick wrote:Hey Ben. CSX Railroader here. Big project shop in Ravenna. Get ya a KDX! You'll love it! Very versatile bike, and alot of fun. Very dependable too. Welcome!
If you are on the tracks you either go in front of or behind my house.
DaBen

Post by DaBen »

>|<>QBB<
GS wrote:Hi Ben!
DRZ400, eh?
Would you care to share a few comments on that beast? I'm considering one for on-road/fire-road use, NOT tight trails and would appreciate some feedback from an owner.

Good choice, that 220, by the way!

CHUG ALONG LIKE A TRACTOR, THEY DO ! :grin:
I love my DRZ I have an '03 400 E model with a dual sport kit. I love it it has a ton of torque and is very user friendly. Very reliable and easy to find parts for too. I have done so real tight trails on it and it does take alot of work but is doable. I really like on fire roads like out in PA National forest.
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Sorry about that Ben. Actually, I stay in the Queensgate Yard in Cincinnati. So, you cant really cuss ME out when they bother you.. :lol: Unless you just want to :wink:
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
DaBen

Post by DaBen »

>|<>QBB<
Rick wrote:Sorry about that Ben. Actually, I stay in the Queensgate Yard in Cincinnati. So, you cant really cuss ME out when they bother you.. :lol: Unless you just want to :wink:
I was told the little spur behind the house(right on the property line) goes to the shop. The other very active line is about 900-1000ft in front of the house and after the 2 months we have been here they dont bother me at all. Luckily I like trains and my kids freak when they see em
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Damn! Thats close. Keep those kids away from them man. I cant even possibly describe the feeling of coming down the tracks, and seeing children........... Gut wrenching, to say the least....
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
DaBen

Post by DaBen »

>|<>QBB<
Rick wrote:Damn! Thats close. Keep those kids away from them man. I cant even possibly describe the feeling of coming down the tracks, and seeing children........... Gut wrenching, to say the least....
The track in front is accross the road and through a swamp no worries there. The back is usually one slow moving engine two to three times a week. We have tought our 4yr old a little about the dangers.
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

I saw a documentary on the new kind of hobos. I think they went by the name Freight Train Riders of America. Sounded like a pretty dangerous bunch. Have you ever had any problems with them?
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
jc7622 wrote:I saw a documentary on the new kind of hobos. I think they went by the name Freight Train Riders of America. Sounded like a pretty dangerous bunch. Have you ever had any problems with them?
All you have to do is offer them a job and they go running. :mrgreen:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

We get a few "Free Riders" in our yard, but not many that we know of. They try to stay well hidden.
2002 DL1000 V-STROM