Just a couple of small questions on Toluene

Got questions? We got answers....
motofox2006

Just a couple of small questions on Toluene

Post by motofox2006 »

Now ive finally found out where to get it from, it is time for me to mix up some toluene for this weekend my question is with Rons formula If I put 10% toluene to 4 litres how much kerosene? is 25mL fine. I worked out from Rons formula that kerosene is around 6% of toluene is that fine. You see I only want to add 10% not 25% And I cant get K1 kerosene,

Will plain kerosene work?

Why do the bums :butthead: on dirtrider say "hello to toluene goodbye to throttle response"?

And also ive read about octane boosters on other sights for 4 strokes they say to use oil??? why is this? I want too run dads bike on toluene aswell, will the benefits be the same in a four stroke.
E series 91 KDX
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Just a couple of small questions on Toluene

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
motofox2006 wrote:Why do the bums :butthead: on dirtrider say "hello to toluene goodbye to throttle response"?
Because they're Idiot bums and you should NEVER listen to those half-wits.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
motofox2006 wrote:
Why do the bums :butthead: on dirtrider say "hello to toluene goodbye to throttle response"?

Why worry?

Try it and if you don't like it be done with it

I run it in my '92, 32oz's Toluene to 5 gallons premix, I skip the kerosene, so far so good :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

ok doky im going too run maybe 5% to 4 litres with 20mL of kerosene to be safe.

anyone know If I run toluene in a 4 stroke will the benefits be the same and will I have to use oil because ive read a few formula and they say you have to add oil??
E series 91 KDX
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:>|<>QBB<
motofox2006 wrote:Why do the bums :butthead: on dirtrider say "hello to toluene goodbye to throttle response"?
Especially that 4thgearandpinned guy...

EDIT: Oh wait! It seems as if he's banned? Now what would he do to deserve that sort of punishment? :butthead:
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

:butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

HEHEHE 24 bum salute
**((Bike Profile))**

**((Bike Pics))**

I am a green machine (when im hungry) :lol:
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

Will plain kerosene work please let me know cause I was informed K1 was the right kerosene but I can only get plain kerosene.
E series 91 KDX
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You don't have a hardware store of any kind where you live? K1 grade kero isn't a rarity...it's everywhere. How about a heating oil outfit?
Q: How is K1 kerosene different from other types of kerosene?
K1 is the safest type of kerosene. Other grades contain more sulfur and produce emissions that can endanger your health.
From: http://www.carrollfuel.com/residential/faq-kerosene.php

No...the 'health' part isn't the point.

BTW, 32oz. is 5% of 5gal. Using percentages is a lot easier when applying a volume of something across different measurement systems...English and metric for example.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

In my country I am limited I can only buy Kerosene, theres no K1 or K2 grade. What I do know is that the stuff im using Is clear blue colour that I bought from the local hardware place, is this stuff allright? Im only running 5% so should I start skipping the kerosene or should I just burn what ive got.
E series 91 KDX
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Kero is differently dyed in different places to mark it as having been determined for different uses. At least up here.

Off road (or diesel bought with a commercial permit) is much cheaper than fuel bought for use by one-each drivers. Why not spend a LOT less and fuel up with 'off-road' stuff in your ON-road vehicle? Because when you get 'dipped' (the word used to mean 'tested') by a cop that stops you and happens to want to bug you about it, you had better have the correctly colored stuff in your fuel tank!!

That doesn't matter in regard to this..but another btw..

Blue doesn't matter.

Ron's brew has a bit less than a litre of toluene in one US gallon (200ml or so short of four litres). That's 20%! Hence the kero add.

I've run toluene for a couple of years now..at a 5% rate...don't use any kero..don't have/hadn't had any problems, either.

Use the kero or not? Don't have to..can if you want to.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
thebleakness wrote:>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:>|<>QBB<
Especially that 4thgearandpinned guy...

EDIT: Oh wait! It seems as if he's banned? Now what would he do to deserve that sort of punishment? :butthead:
They wrongfully banned that 4thgearandpinned guy. He did nothing wrong. except for bash those admins...
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

At the moment im adding kerosene which is 6% of toluene, so ideally should I skip the kerosene cause its really unsafe i.e if I keep using it would I maybe start to grow a third leg. :wink:

I know alot of you guys who use toluene dont use kerosene but im afraid of seizing it because ive heard if you use toluene as an additive it can wash the lubrication off moving parts.

Do you mind me asking if you hammer your bike Wibbs and CC because I do and im just so cautious about seizing the engine if I don't use kerosene, am I over concerned.
E series 91 KDX