kdx headlight. Please help

Got questions? We got answers....
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:So, it just pretty much depends if you are running in the moutains or not whether it would be a worthwhile investment?
I would say so...that and boulder hopping. :shock: Same for the auto crutch...IMO. :lol:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|QBB<[/url]
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Craftsman Strap Wrench worked fine holding mine

I've just used a serpentine belt. Just go to a wreck'n yard and you'll get an old one for free. Wrap it around the FW, cut it a couple inches longer then pinch the ends with a Vise Grips. When the Vise Grips roll they'll self tighten on the flywheel.
The flywheel nut will come off with no problem with an impact wrench, rent a elect. one if you have too to save yourself the headache.
When using the FW puller take your time. Small turns then tap the FW with a wood'n mallet, always seems the slower you go the quicker it'll come off.
IT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO HAVE A "GOOD" TORQUE WRENCH FOR PUT'N THINGS BACK TOGETHER.
Before you do anything though, clean that bike and get a manual!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I don't know what rickystators coil is rated.

I sure wouldn't give mine up! Downhill it's a big help. No longer does a touch of brake-steer and not quite enough clutch stall the bike.

The 'relight' on stalls IS cool, too. Kind'a surprises you the first time..cuz' you KNOW it was dead...but then it started again!!

It's of much more use in up/down tight single-track stuff than it would be in more open riding.

Mr. Steahly is one heckuva nice guy. Local (to me), too!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:I don't know what rickystators coil is rated.

I sure wouldn't give mine up! Downhill it's a big help. No longer does a touch of brake-steer and not quite enough clutch stall the bike.

The 'relight' on stalls IS cool, too. Kind'a surprises you the first time..cuz' you KNOW it was dead...but then it started again!!

It's of much more use in up/down tight single-track stuff than it would be in more open riding.

Mr. Steahly is one heckuva nice guy. Local (to me), too!
This is my experience to the T as well.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E