stock needle jet???sss

Got questions? We got answers....
Sky.A

stock needle jet???sss

Post by Sky.A »

ive got a stock 1174 needle in my 200 is there other needles i should try ?is there any after market needles that would match up with my set up 155 main 42 pilot stock needle 2nd from top TIA
Last edited by Sky.A on 12:12 am Aug 15 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Kauai Boy 04 kdx 200
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

here is a place to get needles cheep http://www.psep.biz/store/keihin_jet_ne ... ADKH017029 if you want to dial her in.[/url]
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I ordered a CEL and DEL for my brother from here and they are out of the DEL until January sometime. So he will have to run the CEL after Christmas I guess. I think he will like it better than the DEL anyway...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

There is a WHOLE lot of information on this site regarding needles, what works, what doesn't, where to get them etc. etc.

From what you wrote, I understand you are asking for an aftermarket replacement for your OEM needle (the second part of the question).

Is that correct?
is there any after market needles that would match..my..stock needle 2nd from top
Actually, that is exactly what you asked, so I'm sure I understand correctly.

The 1174 (you left off the letter following, Ill assume an 'N') needle crosses to a Keihin BGQ. That needle can be had in the listed places.

Note the 220 'H' model needle (R1173L) does NOT cross to ANY Keihin needle. That is because it is a proprietary Kaw needle.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

YES, the CEL is NICE . . .

and get the jetting "in" for max impact
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

:pop: :pop: :pop:
FAZ
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

Guess that I should keep more CEL needles in stock, think I have one left, but with more testing with other bikes, they went fast.

Sorry guys, you just never let me know what you want!

Ron :shock:

Ps. What are you all spending on needles each? (plus S&H)
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

5.25 plus 9.95 shipping at pats small engine parts, It pays to order a hand full.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I paid 5.95 shipping on 2 needles from Pat's. The shipping is way inflated... they come in a padded envelop through the US Mail.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

inda, does pat's have the CEL in stock? I called them a few weeks ago and they said they were out I forget if it was the cel or del, want the cel because of the hit it's supposed to give.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

They have the CEL... out of the DEL
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Lots of posts on this thread...none of them from the person that STARTED the thread.

Oh...never mind. The original post was three months ago! I got offtrack by Inda's 'update'.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Wait, one more . . .

$9 for CEL or DEL and $8 shipping at carbparts.com (Cleveland, OH).

'Looks like I paid too much!!

'Least I ordered both needles, a bunch of MJ, and a few PJs all together - still $8. Rugged packaging - two pieces of stout cardboard taped together.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

$7.00 Keihin needles (if in stock), $5.00 Keihin jets (if in stock), $6.00 S&H in the US (Priority Mail)