Not KDX related. Any YZ/WR owners amounst us ??

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Not KDX related. Any YZ/WR owners amounst us ??

Post by KDXer »

Hi, just wondering if anyone out there who owns a 99-03 model YZ/WR would be so kind as to take a few photos of something for me ?? I am trying to find out how the fork guards mount, IE where the mounting holes are located/how many and how the brake line attaches. If anyone could help me out with some close up pics of the guards (fitted is fine) I would be forever grateful.

Cheers,
Trev... :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

My riddin buddy has an 03 YZ250
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Can you please do me a HUUUUGE favour. Next time your out riding with him could you please compare your 01KX fork guards to his ?? I'm praying they have the same mounting holes. A few pics would be handy also if possible. I'm almost certain the YZ's have the same 46mm KYB's as you and I have on our KDX's but need to know if the guards are the sam or similar. Thanks for any help you can provide Brad. :supz:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
TD3

Post by TD3 »

Trev:

What is your email address? I can send you a couple pics.

-Mike
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

tinytrev hotmail com :mrgreen:

Thanks Mike !!! :supz:

TD3

Post by TD3 »

Done, let me know if you need them any bigger :lol:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I have a Yamaha YFZ 350.

I can't find the fork guards on it....:hmm:

The Yamaha brakeline clamp is pretty neat. I bought one for my KDX. It bolts to the guard similarly to a KX brakeline, but it has a turn to it that directs the cable around the fork for the high style routing.

There is a Yamaha dealership right down the street. If you need anything other than what you already have, let me know.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

LOL thanks guys. I'm pretty certain the 96-03 YZ's have the same mounts as the 99-02 KX forks. They are both 46mm KYB's but I just wanted to make sure before I ordered any. Here's what I'm looking at in carbon fibre.

These are YZ/WR 96-03 plastics with the 05 style brake routing, just what I need.

KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

so do you have your answer?

I have an 01 YZ426 in the garage and I can take pics this afternoon and post them.
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I have a stack of pics already but still would like someone who has access to both KX and YZ/WRs to compare mounting holes if possible. I know the brake line mounting is different and so are the guides but all that doesn't really matter. Thanks all the same. :mrgreen:

KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

>|<>QBB<
KDXer wrote:I have a stack of pics already but still would like someone who has access to both KX and YZ/WRs to compare mounting holes if possible. I know the brake line mounting is different and so are the guides but all that doesn't really matter. Thanks all the same. :mrgreen:
So if I have this right, reading between the lines, you want someone to take the KX fork guards off and fit them on the YZ and see if they fit and if the holes match up. Or vice versa. I don't know how you will see from pics unless osmeone measreus and puts rulers in the pics.
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I RECKON EYEBALLING THEM WOULD BE SUFFICE. oops sorry bout the caps>

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Unfortunately by the looks of it the mounting holes are different after all. I am having problems finding someone who makes 99-02 KX fork guards in C/F, Lightspeed don't make em anymore ?!?