Fork guards for 97' KDX220?

Got questions? We got answers....
mandofiddle

Fork guards for 97' KDX220?

Post by mandofiddle »

Hi folks,
I'm in the process of replacing all the purple elements on my bike (serious aversion to purple) and I'm presently working on removing the ugly purple fork boots and replacing them with seal savers. Do you know if someone makes fork guards that fit a KDX? Either plastic or carbon fiber? Similar to these http://www.faster-motocross.com/ufo-kaw ... lider.html.

If so, can you point me to them?

Also, if I can't find fork guards, am I taking a big chance on damaging the forks if I'm only using the seal savers?

I'm only doing woods riding (no tracks).

Thanks a ton!
Dave
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Why not put black fork boots on it?

They'll certainly outlast those sealsavers
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
mattR

Post by mattR »

I had bad luck with seal savers. Went through 2 fork seals in a few months. Went back to the black boots. Only thing left purple on my 97 is the tank and man is that ugly.
97 KDX 220
mandofiddle

Post by mandofiddle »

Hey foots,
That's exactly what I'm looking for! Know where I can get some?

Yeah, I'm getitng close to the tank being the only thing left purple. I've seen the clear ones they make, but $200 for a new tank may be a little much just because I don't like purple :)

Dave
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The only way to run SealSavers it to have the fork guards too. Sealsavers are made out of a fabric covered neoprene and will snag and cut.
They are only designed to keep the crud away from your seals and they do a great job at that.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "