Gaerene RX2 Boot Question

Got questions? We got answers....
gtoron

Gaerene RX2 Boot Question

Post by gtoron »

These boots any good? I will be looking for a good boot but trying to keep the price down under $200.
Anybody have them?
Comments please.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I dunno about those, but I got my Alpinstar tech 6's for around $160.00 on sale. I like them a lot except for being completely unwaterproof. Very good protection though.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

My next boot will be the Gaerene SG10. I've never talked to anyone with the RX2.
I currently use the Alpinestar Tech 6 and agree they are the farest thing from water proof you can get. Ha!! But they are a sturdy boot and wear very very well. Comfortable too. If you get them, please post a report.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
gtoron

Post by gtoron »

OK I walked into a Dealer in CT while on a biz trip. He Had RX2 boots. I gave them a look and in my opinion :neutral: I do not think I will buy them. Let me say that overall quality seems very good but Gaeren seemed to have not have paid much attention to things like foam padding and lining the shaft with padding like other boots. Plastics also seem slighty lower grade in thickness them there competitors. Hope this helps someone.

I think I will pass. :supz:
KDX_Kuhn

Post by KDX_Kuhn »

My CR450F riding buddy had a pair of the RX2's and hated them. He wore them twice and sold them on ebay. He bought the SG10's and said it was the best decission he ever made. Boots are something where spending the extra cash now will be worth it in the long run. If you can't find a couple extra Andy Jacksons buy the Aplinestar Tech 6's.
2003 KDX220R
1972 Rupp 440!

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I would spend the extra buck to get some alpinestar or a brand with high standards.
You can get a used pair on ebay under 200$.
I got my tech 8 for 150 bucks in a fairly good shape and I love them, they are extremely confortable and solid. (not totaly waterproof :? )
I know the money is always an issue but I would defenitely recommend buying a GOOD pair of boots even if they are used one. Buying cheap boots from my point of view is a BAD investment, they won't last very long and won't offer the protection you'd get from a reputable brand even if they're used one.
Think of it as a "foot insurance".
Imagine you break your foot because your boot did not protect you the way it should have...can't work for a few weeks...= loss of money and even worst (at least for me) can't ride for weeks :cry:

As far as the boots you suggested, can't tell you if they're good or bad, I have never heard or seen those.

Hope this will help
Wilf
gtoron

Post by gtoron »

From what I read on another sight Rockymountain has a very good boot it is a house brand for $159. The leak a little but that is fixable with some snow seal or clear silicone.

From everbody's comments they seem to be real nice. Only one guy seemed to have a problem with them.

I might give these a try.