I'm almost USD

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm almost USD

Post by bradf »

I just got a set of 2001 KX250 forks, upper and lower T's. It's justa matter of time and I'll be realizing the joy.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Sweet! Get the wheel and you'll be set! :supz:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You didn't bid on the wheel?

Good price for forks AND triple.

Congrats!!

Realizing the joy? Oh yeah!! Wait 'til you see how much better your damper works on the KX setup!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Phil is making me a stainless axle so I can keep my wheel and odo. He's also making the top bushing/spacer and making strange comments on olympic hockey predictions. According to Phil, the axle and bushing should make me quite a bit faster than RC in the corners and reduce the burning sensation and embarrassing itching of my...can you believe Phil thinks for a minute that the Candian women will beat our girls at hockey! He IS USD!

Phil only wants the cost of material and shipping for these money saving items. Duz he think I'm stoopit or sumtin? I'ma giving him more than that or he can just keep em! I tolt him. Canadianz! Thay think thay r sew schmart.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

I better fix this before I start getting to many PM's to make axles :shock: . I have no intention of doing this for profit or as a habbit, fact is that this is no substitute for my current job salary-wise. It actually takes a lot of time/costs a lot to make one part, but very minimal for every one after.

I purchased a length of material to make my axle and a few others. I do not have any more material remaining (it is spoken for). Sorry for anyone else who is intersested, I can provide a drawing in a short while for those who would like to bring it to a machinist. If there is enough interest, I may do a run of several more.

I want to make sure no one is going to start their conversion relying on a custom axle, I can not guarantee anything.

As for the Canadian Hockey.........Yupp, were gonna win. :mrgreen:
Grayhorse

Post by Grayhorse »

Forget the axles Phil, what I need are some good places to ride when I venture to Nova Scotia this July. I'm hoping you can tell me where I can go ride without getting arrested. I'm looking forword to lobster and donairs EH.

ps. about the hockey..thats something nobody can ever take away from the Canadains :partyman:

also my kx fork swap is almost complete, I went with the kx wheel instead of messing with the custom axle
96 KDX 200 H2
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Grayhorse, even better I'll show you some good places to ride where you won't get arrested, although nothing wrong with a good chase to get the heart goin' so long as you don't get caught :wink:.
I'll see if I can find you and your brother a trail map.

The axles are almost copleted for those I haves spoken to, I just meant in regards to making more. I would need more material and to machine more than one at a time.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

bradf: '01 forks? I thought they were '00s. Or...that auction I'm thinking of is the wrong auction?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!