Custom Stems

Questions and comments about converting to beefier forks..
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Aslo ( :grin: )... tell them that they need to heat it up to release the industrial strength loc-tite in there. Also that they need to reapply the like before pressing back in.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Waiting for proper material. 416 Stainless Steel.
Grayhorse

Post by Grayhorse »

Hey Phil, I just got some kx forks and TT I'd like to use my kdx wheel with this set up, what is involved in making the kdx axle compatible?
96 KDX 200 H2
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Grayhorse, What year is your KDX and what year is your KX forks?
Grayhorse

Post by Grayhorse »

My kdx is a 96, my kx forks are 02, I thought I read in one of your posts somewhere that your kx forks are 98. I researched part #s on bike bandit and found out: 98 kx axle and 02 kx axle are the same
96 kdx and 05 kdx are pretty much the same front end wise
thanks

p.s. Do they still air The Trailer Park Boys? I love that show
96 KDX 200 H2
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

My Kx forks are 98 to an 05 KDX. Your 02 Front wheel axle, and the way it mounts to the forks is different than mine. My axle is clamped under a pinch bracket on the left side while the nut that threads on the right side is clamped in the same way and size under another pinch bracket. The diameter of the nut and wheel axle, the portion that is clamped, is roughly 1". Check buykawasaki.com for more details (The last 4 digits are the important numbers to consider on these online microfiches, not the first 4. The first 4 digits are generally the same from bike to bike). I believe yours are pinched only on the left side, correct?
I am not familiar with the 02 forks, would love to see some pics or/and specs. Surely there is a solution to mounting the 02 forks while keeping your 96 wheel.

Another thing you may want to consider, I believe your KDX triple clamps are a little different from the more recent years. Think it was 95-97 the clamps are a different part number. Something to do with the stem and/or lower clamp. Check buykawaski.com or the sticky on required knurling in this section.

Trailer Park Boys kick @ss :supz: , they still air it....Showcase, Sunday evenings. Funny bunch of guys, see them around the area quite often. Beleieve it or not, I drive by the most popular trailer park on my way to work. Right here in Lower Sackville.