Renthal r3 (srs) chain

Got questions? We got answers....
Fxr84

Renthal r3 (srs) chain

Post by Fxr84 »

Purchased renthal r3 chain, wondering if anyone has any feedback on product. Used masterlink clip instead of rivet, but master link clip is loose on open end of clip. Have not put power to the chain due to the master link clip being loose, still as spin chain the link connecting to masterlink has not settled, mirroring a “kink”, don’t know if that flattened out after riding
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Renthal r3 (srs) chain

Post by bufftester »

I wouldn't ride it with a questionable master link clip. It should snap on pretty snugly, may need to get another master link. I have never had a master link fail, even on my GSXR track bikes, as long as you make sure it's on correctly and not damaged/loose.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

I use that chain. You sure you put all 4 O rings on the master link? Mine has never been a loose fit. In fact quite the opposite; I have to squeeze the master link to get the clip on.
Fxr84

Post by Fxr84 »

I removed master link, closed open end with tool and snapped into place like it should have the first time, I think the plate wasn’t pushed all the way on and I forced the link on. Thanks for response, looked at my chain guide a little tight in there, are you running a stock chain guide
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Which bike??

The KDX220R came with an o-ring chain and, I THINK, a little wider chain guide.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Fxr84

Post by Fxr84 »

220, I disassembled found that top of guide wore quite a bit, as well as rubber. Have any preferences to frp guide, or also read about BRP.
Fxr84

Post by Fxr84 »

doakley spoke with renthal the r 3-3 is 21.8 pin -pin where as r1 is 18. Have you ever had clearance issues by CS and case. Having hell of a time with a chain guide as well the the clearance. Thanks
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Fxr84 wrote:doakley spoke with renthal the r 3-3 is 21.8 pin -pin where as r1 is 18. Have you ever had clearance issues by CS and case. Having hell of a time with a chain guide as well the the clearance. Thanks
What size front sprocket are you running?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Fxr84

Post by Fxr84 »