paint code, KDX PIPE

Got questions? We got answers....
deepwoods

paint code, KDX PIPE

Post by deepwoods »

hi guys, does anyone know the paint code on the pipe for the cirka 98,99 and up kdx 200/220? . its gray and very durable. :grin:
KDX 200, 2001 model
deepwoods

Re: paint code, KDX PIPE

Post by deepwoods »

HELLO? :grin:
KDX 200, 2001 model
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hello. I don't know. :neutral:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
deepwoods

Post by deepwoods »

no problem, do know if there is a write up anywhere on this forum on the subject? :grin:
KDX 200, 2001 model
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Do you have a paint store local that can mix up something?
deepwoods

Post by deepwoods »

thanks guys but colorite dont have for the pipe, only green paint, yes I have store somewhat close but haven't asked them yet, :?
KDX 200, 2001 model
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Whoops sorry I didn't notice you were looking for the pipe color :doh:
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Colorrite has other colors if you search around, but there is no "paint code" given by Kawasaki for a KDX pipe. If someone ever matched it up, then whoever you see in Norway uses the same system at a paint shop, then you night have a miracle. Otherwise, you are going to have to brick and mortar it.
deepwoods

Post by deepwoods »

thanks anyways guys, I just hate the chrome look off the fmf and since the stock pipe coating is very tough I wanted the gnarly to look the same way :?
KDX 200, 2001 model
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

paint code, KDX PIPE

Post by pumpguy »

Looking at both of the pipes I have, I don't think these are finished with a paint, as such. To me, it looks like something better; an industrial heat resistant coating of some sort.

Most folks seem to refinish their pipes with a heat resistant flat or gloss black.

Please let us know how you make out on this, especially color match and long term results. I'd really like to know.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

paint code, KDX PIPE

Post by KDXohio »

pumpguy wrote:Looking at both of the pipes I have, I don't think these are finished with a paint, as such. To me, it looks like something better; an industrial heat resistant coating of some sort.

Most folks seem to refinish their pipes with a heat resistant flat or gloss black.

Please let us know how you make out on this, especially color match and long term results. I'd really like to know.
I repaint my pipes with a ceramic engine enamel. It holds up very well and has a pretty good finish vs like a heat resistant barbecue paint.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

Thanks for this information. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Is this ceramic engine enamel easy to find? Is there a color that matches the sort of brownish stock pipe color?