Another fork swap question

Got questions? We got answers....
Mav
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Mav »

But is willing to sell me the compete front of a 2010 kx250f (wheel, showa nitrated forks, triples and stem) for $300 and its local.
My question, is 2010 one that can be used for the conversion? Also I trail ride not race, so I'm not even sure I should do the conversion.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Another fork swap question

Post by 6 Riders »

I think that is a great deal. The conversion will be the same.....stem swap, spacer etc. I'd do it, but understand there is a few hundred dollars more is cost, unless you can revalve and press stems your self.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Mav
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Mav »

Oh yeah, I know there's more cost and I'm in no hurry to do the conversion. But all the parts are in fantastic shape and this seemed like a great deal.
I just wasn't sure if the 2010 parts would fit. And I have a machinist friend that will do the work for beer. Just have to pay for the revalve or learn to do it myself. I'd rather learn
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Look at the steering stem stops on the lower clamp and see if they contact the stock steering stop correctly.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Great set of forks. Once revalved they will be awesome for off road. They're worth it even if you don't race because the ability to tune your front fork and not have to deal with fork flex are all big pluses.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Just completed fork swap to '01 KX250 USD. Got luck on the forks. When I sent them to the suspension shop (SR1) to rework and revalve for the kdx, he found the PO had already installed Gold Valves. Need to check the sag still. Also added the FMF pipe and Boysen Pro two stage reeds. Can't wait to ride this bike!
Oh, yeah, that's a Shinko Fat Tyre on the front.
Attachments
Race Bike.jpg
Race Bike.jpg (156.53 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I have 92 or 93 kx forks on mine, after revalving them, they are probably my favorite modification to my kdx my speed and comfort improved everywhere in the trails
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Mav
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Mav »

thank you everyone