KDX200 - Worthwhile project?

Got questions? We got answers....
gsp0702

KDX200 - Worthwhile project?

Post by gsp0702 »

Hi,

Looking at a KDX200 local to me, which looks like it needs engine sorting (piston/rings etc) and also a bit rough, missing rear brake caliper, are these bikes worth buying as a project or is this really only good for spares?

Cheers

Andy
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KDX200 - Worthwhile project?

Post by doakley »

IMO it really depends on the price of the bike and what you want to do with it. When I decided I wanted to race again it changed my approach to the KDX and I spent more money on it than planned. (Always the case I guess!) I could have spent more $$ and gotten a newer KTM but I reasoned I would likely have to replace the top end, suspension and wheel bearings anyway so what the hey!
gsp0702

Post by gsp0702 »

I certainly wouldn't be looking to race it, more trail riding once sorted. It's advertised at offers around $150 Kiwi, about $120 US give or take.

As much as anything something to tinker with really.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.

Well, if you buy it and decide it is too much to fool with, you won't lose much on resale.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
barefootbob

Post by barefootbob »

Bought my 03 for $300 and totally rebuilt the motor and all bearings in the suspension and frame. I have about $1800 into the project. I know I can get more out of it then $1800. Depends on what you want, Me at 56 the plan was to get something cheap and basic and slow down and just enjoy the fact that I can still ride but turns out this little bike rips. Beating up on new Husqvarna's, KTM's and Beta's.
Never yield the right of way
gsp0702

Post by gsp0702 »

Thanks everyone, your comments are appreciated. Unfortunately wasn't quick enough so missed out on this one. Cheers Andy
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Well, dang.

For future reference, I doubt hardly anyone on this site will recommend against a KDX in general. We are a bit biased. :supz: :lol: :mrgreen: Anyone who does not like them would not stick around for long.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128