Triple Tree Rubbers

Got questions? We got answers....
89kdx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Triple Tree Rubbers

Post by 89kdx200 »

I noticed that my bars seem to be a bit off set so I took it all apart to see if the mount, bars or bolts might be bent. Everything looks good but the rubber isolaters are a bit sloppy. What's the opinion on changing out to solid or just replacing them with new rubber. I ride mostly single track if that makes and difference. Thanks.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Triple Tree Rubbers

Post by bufftester »

They need to be replaced every few years IMO, especially if you are still running the originals. With the rubber isolators and separate top caps it's not uncommon for your bars to get a bit tweaked in a fall. You can minimize it by getting a 1 piece top handlebar clamp. If you go to solid mounts you'll have more vibration at the bars to deal with.
89kdx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 89kdx200 »

The bike has a Scott's steering stabilizer so that's a plus. I'll order a few sets of rubbers. My wrists are bad enough no point adding more vibration with solid mounts.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Make sure the lower washers on the rubber mounts are flat. If not you can flatten them again on a concrete floor with a hammer. After a good fall they tend to get cupped and force the bars out of line.
cornishwrecker220

Triple Tree Rubbers

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

The rubber cones are a pain....

I changed to solid ones years ago along with some "enduro engineering" clamps ....strong as , & I don't notice no flex or vibes either .