carb

Got questions? We got answers....
garycrafton

carb

Post by garycrafton »

where is the best place to get my carb punched up and or rebuilt ,,tuned up,,i am still having problems at 3/4 to full throttle loosing power ,sounds like it is missing,,cutting out not bogging down like a loss of fuel,like maybe a in suffecent spark or well I just can not figure it out ,,will not wind out quickly ,,will not even bring front tire up in 3rd gear ,,I have hade several other 220s and 200s and they were all much faster than thin one is ,,I have cleaned the carb ,,jetted it to a 50 ,put new reeds ,,compression is 180 lbs ,,has a domed piston in it
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: carb

Post by 6 Riders »

Best place is RB Designs, link is on the left side of the home page

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
garycrafton

Post by garycrafton »

6 Riders wrote:Best place is RB Designs, link is on the left side of the home page

don't see it ?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

carb

Post by SS109 »

http://www.rb-designs.com/

Check your plug wire and the silencer.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
garycrafton

carb

Post by garycrafton »

SS109 wrote:http://www.rb-designs.com/thanks ,,never thought of looking at either one ,,will do that tonight

Check your plug wire and the silencer.
garycrafton

Post by garycrafton »

garycrafton wrote:
6 Riders wrote:Best place is RB Designs, link is on the left side of the home page

don't see it ?
looks like a good place to get it done thanks ,,, what about the head mod they offer ? any one have it done ? and does it make a big improvement ?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I don't see where you posted what model your bike is, and I'm too lazy to search your posts to see if you have it listed somewhere else. I have the head mod on my 200, it made some difference. For the 220 it's a pretty drastic change though. If you have a 200 and you're sending the carb in anyway, then why not.? If you have a 220, then definitely do the head mod.
garycrafton

Post by garycrafton »

Julien D wrote:I don't see where you posted what model your bike is, and I'm too lazy to search your posts to see if you have it listed somewhere else. I have the head mod on my 200, it made some difference. For the 220 it's a pretty drastic change though. If you have a 200 and you're sending the carb in anyway, then why not.? If you have a 220, then definitely do the head mod.
OK,, it is a 1998 kdx 220 ,,gonna send them both in ,,thanks
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

carb

Post by Molly's 70 »

I have a 2003 KDX 220. Sent my head & carb to RB designs several years ago. Made a great improvement. Still happy.
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Definitely go for it. The head mod on the 220 makes a very noticeable difference. With that and the carb, you will gain more power everywhere.
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Vossman »

So not really that much better for the 200? I’ll probably just do a new carb this winter then.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

headmod.jpg
headmod.jpg (55.12 KiB) Viewed 5063 times
It does make a difference, and it is cheap. If you're sending your carb in you'll be down anyway, so I would send the head with. If you are buying a new carb outright, I might not bother with the head mod. I had him do my head, and I do not regret it at all. Cleans things up a bit all over.