Just got a new /used KDX 200 and need carburetor advice

Got questions? We got answers....
Srzambrano99

Post by Srzambrano99 »

Hello everyone,

I'm a owner of a 1999 KDX 200 which needs several parts....but hey I got it cheap and have been wanting to start trail riding and even do some small jumping again. I need advice on finding a good carburetor for this model KDX 200. I have looking for a used one to get me riding at least until I can find the right set up and then swap parts for better ones. I searched the Kawasaki site for specs and see that a PWK 35mm should be stock on this bike. I have seen a carburetor PWK V564 which I believe is listed as coming from a 93 model KDX 200. Does any know the size mm and what to get to make this fit my 99 KDX 200. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

The 35mm carb from the older kdx will fit your 200 however the slide has a different cutaway & I think it also uses a different needle too.....

Your best bet is to look on EBay as I'm sure you will find a modern 35mm kdx carb on there that you can fit without any problems.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Just got a new /used KDX 200 and need carburetor advice

Post by 6 Riders »

You can buy a brand new airstriker carb for a whopping $200. Why even bother starting with a used one?
check out jetrus for new carb pricing.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Srzambrano99

Post by Srzambrano99 »

Thanks....I did look up the site. Haven't decided on which to try. but the prices are better than what the dealer showed me.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Is it $200 with the correct slide, needle, etc.??!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Srzambrano99

Post by Srzambrano99 »

The one I'm am going yo save for is the Air striker with the recommended flat slide. needle and jets for this KDX200. They it to be stock but with performance jetting. I really didn't want to spend too much on this bike until I knew it was mechanically sound. I got it with a lot of parts missing and so I was trying to get it running and tweek it as I went along. But am haven't done any serious trail riding in over 13 years.....I sure do miss it although. The web site is very good with prices...

Thanks again.