Stiffer springs or kx front end?

Got questions? We got answers....
Grayhorse

Stiffer springs or kx front end?

Post by Grayhorse »

I've already went to heavier springs once, now I need more front end suspension should I just go with another heavier spring or the higher dollar kx front end swap?
96 KDX 200 H2
fulltiltboogie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by fulltiltboogie »

Do you have Gold Valves? One up in spring rate really makes a noticeable difference.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The KX frontend gives you gains that the KDX frontend cannot without heavy modification.

Stiffer than any KDX forks
Rebound adjustments stock
Little or no underhang
Stabilizer has more effect on the stiffer frontend

I never said that there was anything wrong with the KDX frontend, just that there were many advantages to swapping to a KX frontend and all for about the same price as modifying the KDX forks.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

My opinion..based on what I like, where/how I ride: Change to the KX frontend now..spend your money on getting that done as opposed to revalving and further messing with your KDX forks.

It depends on what matters to you. Some things you will never get rid of on the KDX forks (underhang) regardless of what you spend on modifying them. Some have said that underhang is hardly ever a problem so why bother? Well...it WAS a problem to me..usually...on most rides.

I don't have that problem now...PLUS the advantages Inda already mentioned.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!