cleaning products

Got questions? We got answers....
bws2
Gold Member
Gold Member

cleaning products

Post by bws2 »

What do you guys use to clean your KDX's?

I'm mainly wondering about products to clean the engine, but
am also curious what you all use on the rest of the bike.

I think I remember reading that products like Simple Green can be bad for aluminum.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: cleaning products

Post by Julien D »

Simple Green is fine, and Purple Power works good, too. LA's Totally Awesome is my go to. A buck at the dollar store, and works just as well if not better. I use that junk on everything from my bike to my stainless steel range.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Julien D wrote:LA's Totally Awesome is my go to. A buck at the dollar store, and works just as well if not better. I use that junk on everything from my bike to my stainless steel range.
Same here. I love the stuff. It's great for degreasing engines and parts. It eats up 2T residue better than anything else I've tried. Even gotten 2T stains out of a cotton t-shirt using it. Just be careful with it around graphics and anything plastic.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

Never heard of LA's, but now I know what to try next! Thanks for the question and the answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

I use simple green or purple power on the whole bike (whichever is on sale at the time I buy it). I use the Maxima chain cleaner and a chain brush to clean the chain. Never heard of LA's either, but I may need to give it a try!

A friend of mine was mixing and selling this "degreaser soap" for oil field use for the past couple of years. I was able to get a few gallons of that from him and that was a miracle soap. Spray on, let sit for 5 mins, and hose off. It was like you scrubbed the whole thing by hand. Just that alone on truck tires, would make it look like they were sprayed with tire wet. I used that stuff to clean absolutely everything, coolers, camping stuff, my truck, the bikes, the garage floor, greasy work clothes, you name it. It was just a great product. But due to several factors, that business went under and I can no longer get the soap. :snooty:
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike