What kind of reeds are these?

Got questions? We got answers....
19Delta
Supporting Member

Re: What kind of reeds are these?

Post by 19Delta »

Davenay67 wrote:
19Delta wrote:Wanted to update for anybody reading in future. I have two stock reed cage.
Still not certain exactly what reeds they are because Boyesen 607 have 2 petals and mine have 3 petals.
Have you seen the actual 607 reeds? I'm wondering if you're looking online and they are showing 2 petal, but those for another bike, and if you order them, they will come 3 petal? Make sense?

The pro series carbon are $52.99 on Rocky Mountain ATV.
Davenay67

Post by Davenay67 »

19Delta wrote:
Davenay67 wrote:
19Delta wrote:Wanted to update for anybody reading in future. I have two stock reed cage.
Still not certain exactly what reeds they are because Boyesen 607 have 2 petals and mine have 3 petals.
Have you seen the actual 607 reeds? I'm wondering if you're looking online and they are showing 2 petal, but those for another bike, and if you order them, they will come 3 petal? Make sense?

The pro series carbon are $52.99 on Rocky Mountain ATV.
I know exactly what you mean. I've only seen online pictures of the reeds, so the actual product may well be a 3 petal design for the KDX.

I guess we need a member with the 607 reeds to confirm 2 or 3 petals.... :)
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The boyesen 607 for KDX 200 will have 3 petals, regardless of what the pictures on retail websites looks like. Most prefer the 607 power reeds to the carbon fiber pro reeds.
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

Julien D wrote:The boyesen 607 for KDX 200 will have 3 petals, regardless of what the pictures on retail websites looks like. Most prefer the 607 power reeds to the carbon fiber pro reeds.
Why is that? I haven't ordered my second set yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Not sure exactly. I personally think the fiberglass 607s are a bit more flexible and so flow a bit better. Also the CF reeds tend to start to chip and flake apart as they get older, spitting pieces of carbon fiber into the engine.