What kind of reeds are these?

Got questions? We got answers....
19Delta
Supporting Member

What kind of reeds are these?

Post by 19Delta »

We had one KDX (all stock 03), bought a second one with a few goodies. Pulled the reeds tonight. There is a boyesen sticker on the bike, so I'm thinking the previous owner put some Boyesen reeds in? Are the left ones stock? Right ones look like a dual valve? I'm holding them open in pic. Image

bone7615

Re: What kind of reeds are these?

Post by bone7615 »

I might be wrong but they might be Boyseen.
If you had a choice to date supermodels for the rest of your life or ride dirt bikes, would you choose a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke?
MarioM3

Post by MarioM3 »

Boyseen dual stage (907) reeds

Marii
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

MarioM3 wrote:Boyseen dual stage (907) reeds

Marii
Thanks! Which boyesen reeds give the most low end? (Using the stock cage)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MarioM3

Post by MarioM3 »

The boyseen dual stage (907) get great reviews and only 30-35$. I have these installed on my bike. I really like them, po had boyseen carbon reeds on it before (they were good to but I noticed more on top with them). Now if your wanting to use a different cage, boyseen rad valve vs vforce is a big debate. But a lot of members like the vforce. Hope that helps, reeds are more of a personal preference, riding style and others will post what they like etc. But for 30ish$ I'll buy the 907's all day.

Mario
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

MarioM3 wrote:The boyseen dual stage (907) get great reviews and only 30-35$. I have these installed on my bike. I really like them, po had boyseen carbon reeds on it before (they were good to but I noticed more on top with them). Now if your wanting to use a different cage, boyseen rad valve vs vforce is a big debate. But a lot of members like the vforce. Hope that helps, reeds are more of a personal preference, riding style and others will post what they like etc. But for 30ish$ I'll buy the 907's all day.

Mario
Thanks Mario, that's the exact summary and review I was looking for. I'll order the 907's today!

6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

You have the whole Rad Valve there. You'll need to buy reeds specifically for it.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

What does the other side look like? KDX rad valve would have 2 petals per side, not three. Also the intake boot would be one piece with the reed cage. Maybe someone put 607s on the rad valve? Dunno.
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

The one on left is stock I think, and it as 3 petals. The one is right is the unknown, but the cage looks the same, and has the same 3 petal opening. I ordered the dual reeds, but just called RMATV and canceled. But now I'm thinking I ordered the right ones as I need the 3 petal.

HELP!
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Is 907 a typo or is that another option for the kdx? I am only familiar with the 607's.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yes, if it looks just like the stock cage from the front. you need the boyesen 607 power reeds. If you want to throw up a pic from the front we can confirm. Just to be 100% sure. 607 is correct. 907 is not.
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

I couldn't find 907's. But I did find "Boyesen Pro series reeds" at Rocky Mountain fit $52.99. They are a dual stage for the stock cage. I believe that is what I need. Anybody agree or disagree?

19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

I put the bike back together, and I'll be home late. I'll get some pics late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks guys!

19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

The reeds I have are sticking out just a little bit. I I flipped them over and it did not help. How would the bike run if they are not sealing down?

MarioM3

Post by MarioM3 »

Boyseen 607 reeds not 907, my bad. I'm horrible with memory. But those should work (they look the same other than material)
http://www.powersportsplace.com/parts/b ... Hwod2vYH-A
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

Wanted to update for anybody reading in future. I have two stock reed cages. Image
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

Ordered more for my son's bike, but since his new reeds came in the mail yesterday... Image
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

Davenay67

Post by Davenay67 »

19Delta wrote:Wanted to update for anybody reading in future. I have two stock reed cages. Image
You must have read my mind. This thread is super interesting for me because I have the same reed setup as your very first picture. i.e. what looked to me like a stock reed cage but with some aftermarket dual reeds and no reed cage. Still not certain exactly what reeds they are because Boyesen 607 have 2 petals and mine have 3 petals.

I see you got carbon reeds, and the models listed on the back of the packaging state RM 250. After looking them up on another site, I see that KDX200 is also listed with many other bikes as well. :)