Street Sprocket Ratios

Got questions? We got answers....
sailorcolin

Street Sprocket Ratios

Post by sailorcolin »

In have a 94 plated 200. I am running a 13 and 47 sprockets. I need a new rear sprocket and was wanting to lower the tooth number to lower the rpms when driving on the street. I was wondering what everyone was running and how you liked it for mainly street use and trail riding on the weekends.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Street Sprocket Ratios

Post by bufftester »

Lowering the rear will give you more top end speed, at the expense of torque. 1 tooth on the CS is about equal to 3 teeth on the rear. Really depends on the type of riding you plan on doing. If all your street stuff is around town and under 50mph, go stock and you're good for nearly any dirt you come across. You could get a 15T front and just swap it off with the 13T for the dirt (would just require a handful of spare circlips and adjusting the chain).
http://www.gearingcommander.com/
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Street Sprocket Ratios

Post by rbates9 »

I had a 14 tooth front on my bike when I bought it and I don't know if a 15 would fit with the case saver still on.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Street Sprocket Ratios

Post by 6 Riders »

rbates9 wrote:I had a 14 tooth front on my bike when I bought it and I don't know if a 15 would fit with the case saver still on.
I think..."barely" it depends on the chain you use as well.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by dude541 »

my front 14t is tight to get on with the chain slider on the swing arm, I also had to slightly modify my case saver.
I really would not like to even try a 15t!
best regards
john
bushx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Street Sprocket Ratios

Post by bushx »

Figured I'd bump this up rather than creating a new thread. I just picked up a 13 and a 15, as I'm dual sporting my KDX. PO had a 12 on the front and it topped out way to early even riding on the frozen lake. Looks like the 15 doesn't clear the swingarm slider. Didn't try the case saver on there yet. What have others done? Modify the slider? Grind some off the tips of the sprocket teeth?
bushx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by bushx »

Yup. 15T NOT going to fit with the stock case saver installed. Even if I took some off the teeth tips, the chain rollers still wouldn't squeeze by, so i'd have to take enough off the case saver to render it useless. Stock gearing it is for now.