Newer and need help.

Got questions? We got answers....
luisrspereira

Newer and need help.

Post by luisrspereira »

Recently bought a KDX 200 1998 with the damaged piston.
I wanted to repair the engine and give it more life and I have many doubts because I'm new at this.
I was thinking a piston Wössner a little wider if possible, some modifications to the carburetor.
What can I do ??

I was thinking of buying the kit JdJetings, the boyessen power reeds or pro series and work cylinder. what can i do more???

The bike already has a FMF Gold series but not quite know what it is.

I am from Portugal.

Very grateful for your help.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Newer and need help.

Post by Julien D »

It's a plated cylinder, so if you bore it, you will need to have it replated. If the cylinder plating is currently in usable condition, the recommendation is to leave it as is and replace the piston with the proper size. If it needs to be re-plated anyway, you can bore it, but the marginal oversize will not really make any noticable difference. Wossner pistons are just fine. The pipe you have is also fine. Boyesen power reeds are good. The JD jet kit is nice, but not necessary. You can replace the stock needle with a keihin CEL / DEL and then jet it properly. For carb mods, RB-Designs in the US does a great job, but they do not ship overseas so you would need the help of someone in the states.
luisrspereira

Newer and need help.

Post by luisrspereira »

Julien D wrote:It's a plated cylinder, so if you bore it, you will need to have it replated. If the cylinder plating is currently in usable condition, the recommendation is to leave it as is and replace the piston with the proper size. If it needs to be re-plated anyway, you can bore it, but the marginal oversize will not really make any noticable difference. Wossner pistons are just fine. The pipe you have is also fine. Boyesen power reeds are good. The JD jet kit is nice, but not necessary. You can replace the stock needle with a keihin CEL / DEL and then jet it properly. For carb mods, RB-Designs in the US does a great job, but they do not ship overseas so you would need the help of someone in the states.
where can I buy these needles?

But with the JD jetings kit will greatly change the bike?

The coil know is 40watts can change it too? Is it going also run on the road.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Newer and need help.

Post by Julien D »

Is yours an SR model? Steel tank? You can rewind or upgrade the lighting stator for more wattage, yes.

Jetting will make a huge difference. The Jetting kit is not necessary, you can do this yourself. Keihin needles and jets should be available from any bike shop. I get mine from jets-r-us.com.
luisrspereira

Newer and need help.

Post by luisrspereira »

Julien D wrote:Is yours an SR model? Steel tank? You can rewind or upgrade the lighting stator for more wattage, yes.

Jetting will make a huge difference. The Jetting kit is not necessary, you can do this yourself. Keihin needles and jets should be available from any bike shop. I get mine from jets-r-us.com.
Mine is a plastic tank

What is the model and sizes for the needles and jets
Can i find in ebay for example?