New (to me) 97 Kdx200

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Dirtdad

New (to me) 97 Kdx200

Post by Dirtdad »

Hello from Connecticut! Ill start off with a quick intro of myself. 38 year old father of 3 beautiful girls. Ages 12 yrs, 9 yrs and a 3 month old. I am a 20 year experienceed Auto/med duty truck mechanic. I have mainly owned and ridden atv's most of my teen to adult life. I have owned a few dirtbikes in the past. A old Zuk dr100, a 89 cr125 and ridden numerous friends dirtbikes of all shapes and sizes. I currently own a 2002 xr200 that I got in a trade for a project bike I was building. I recently decided for the upcoming riding season that I wanted something with some more oomph for trail riding in my area. I was offered a good deal $1000 (I feel) on a very well maintained,bone stock and unmolested , 2 owner, only adult ridden 97 kdx200. I did my research to find the kdx seems to fit the requirements I'm looking for in a trail bike. I came across this site and joined so I could reap the rewards of everyone's knowledge of these excellent trail bikes. Anyway I look forward to learning about my new machine trail ridind and future mods.
JFortner5
Supporting Member

Re: New (to me) 97 Kdx200

Post by JFortner5 »

Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd like to see some pics. I'm sure you will really enjoy the bike. I just bought one too and they are a lot of fun.
Joey

2003 KDX 220R
Dirtdad

Post by Dirtdad »

I'll have pics by this weekend. Due to the snow-pocalypse up here in New England the backyard of the person selling the bike is under 3 feet of snow. We have to dig a path to the shed. Lol. The person selling it is a friend of mine's father. He bought it from a guy who purchased it new and rode it literally a handful of times. Then my buddy's dad only rode it about 10 times himself. From my recollection of the last time I saw the bike it still has the factory graphics on it, intact. It actually has one mod that's non factory. A set of gold pro taper bars. Lol
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

Welcome! I had a dr100 for a bit. Good backyard bike, I wish I wouldn't have sold it. That thing broke two of my buddies off real good. Good times!
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Dirtdad

Post by Dirtdad »

Well I made it through the 3 feet of snow today to snap a few photos. While I was there I ran the Vin. It's a 98, not a 97. It's dirty from sitting but in overall very good condition. With a little soap and water it's going to look nearly new. It's all stock except the bars and grips. Now I just gotta find a day to did a path to get it. How do I post a picture on here? Lol
dualscotty

New (to me) 97 Kdx200

Post by dualscotty »

Hi there ct.nh kdxer here.its a good thing being a 98.98 through 2006 are same era pretty much...I have a 98 myself.great bike I love it.I'm in southern nh .always looking for new places to ride and meet new people.
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

Actually 95 - 06 are the same series.
Dirtdad

Post by Dirtdad »

Not sure if I did that correctly but there's a picture of it. It's dirty from sitting but in very good condition. I can't wait to pull it out of the shed and wash it up. It's difficult to tell by the picture because of the dirt on it but the seat is in excellent shape and the plastics are excellent.
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

Nice bike.looks just like mine purple seat and everything.spring isn't to far away.looks like its going to be warming up here next week in new England....
Dirtdad

Post by Dirtdad »

I can't wait to hit the trails! This snow needs to go away already! Lol
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

I hear ya.I to got back into the dirt bike scene myself(at age 44).just last year with my 98 kdx.nothing like a 2 stroke to make me feel 20 again.
Dirtdad

Post by Dirtdad »

Well its been quite busy but I have gotten my kdx out on the trails. I have to say, I absolutely love this bike for the trail riding I do. It's perfect! I've owned many different machines over the years and this bike by far suits my riding style. It handles so good! I honestly wish I had a complaint but I can't think of anything I don't like. Lol
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

Good deal I like mine as well it's just right for me,lightweight bike with plenty of snap .is there plenty of good riding areas in ct ?
Dirtdad

Post by Dirtdad »

I have quite a bit in my area. Mainly rocky,twisty woods trails. There is a place to go riding nearby called Thomaston dam. It's a legal riding area as long as you have an off road plate. I hear it's a great place to go.