New to me KDX 220

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Narrdo

New to me KDX 220

Post by Narrdo »

Hello All,

Signing in from Indiana, Love the site and have already picked up lots of information. I picked up an 02 KDX 220 yesterday, runs and rides but is still a basket case in my opionon. Missing headling, broken break and clutch lever and other things but looks to just need some love. I still have a few questions.

The title matches the stamped VIN but says DXB2 as model, any clue on that. I keep reading on this site about H and A models but even google will not produce a result on the DXB2?

Second, when searching for parts, I see the 200 and 220 listed seperatly and understand that many of the parts are interchangeable, and thats fine, but on some sites 220 is listed as 220R. Are all the 220's "R" models or is there a third, as in 200/220/220R?

Thanks in advance

Narrdo (Doug)
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

New to me KDX 220

Post by scheckaet »

check sig for newb how to.
Watch out for that 220 stock piston.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

New to me KDX 220

Post by 6 Riders »

Narrdo wrote:Hello All,

Signing in from Indiana, Love the site and have already picked up lots of information. I picked up an 02 KDX 220 yesterday, runs and rides but is still a basket case in my opionon. Missing headling, broken break and clutch lever and other things but looks to just need some love. I still have a few questions.

The title matches the stamped VIN but says DXB2 as model, any clue on that. I keep reading on this site about H and A models but even google will not produce a result on the DXB2? DX means K (as in Kawasaki)DX, B2 Means 2nd model year.

Second, when searching for parts, I see the 200 and 220 listed seperatly and understand that many of the parts are interchangeable, and thats fine, but on some sites 220 is listed as 220R. Are all the 220's "R" models or is there a third, as in 200/220/220R? Just the 200 and 220R, there is no "plain" 220, also, search for parts for the newest model year of your bike, I search for 2006 parts for my 95 200, as they are still supported, the 95-not so much any more, but the bikes are almost identical

Thanks in advance

Narrdo (Doug)
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Narrdo

Re: New to me KDX 220

Post by Narrdo »

Thanks fella's, Much Appreciated.

Being that it is an 02, and has a gnarly pipe on it, im probably shooting my self in the foot here, but Im hoping that the stock piston has already been replaced. The PO had taken it on trade and had very little information about the bike. You all have me very worried about that. It's just going to have to wait a bit longer before I can do that job.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

New to me KDX 220

Post by scheckaet »

gambling man heh?
good luck...
Narrdo

Post by Narrdo »

I was able to talk to the guy the PO got the bike from. I does have a newer piston, Couple of years ago. So it will probably hang on. However, the wiring under the seat is all goofed up. Kind of all over the place and it may be days till I get my manual. Would any one care to take a photo of the wiring parts of the seat and post it up so I can see it and put this thing right. It would really help.

You could text it straight to my phone if that would help. 765749-4917
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The wiring on these bikes is pretty simple. If you still have the stock rear tail light there will be two wires from it thatcome through the rear fender near the back of the airbox. most all of the wiring should be located on the right hand side of the bike around the airbox. usually the CDI on the side and the regulator on the airbox lid (unless the lid has been removed. easiest thing to do is pull the tank, route all the wires from the handlebars down the left side of the steering stem to the coil, then from there along the righthand side of the frame to the airbox area. The stator wires come up from the left case, over the top of the intake boot and up to the airbox area as well.
wiring diagram 9ignore the grip heaters part)
wiring routing at the steering stem
wiring from stator
Coil wiring routing
Genereal under seat area. Its from my hybrid, but its nearly identical (just have no rear tail lamp)
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the site.

I have no clue what a DXB2 is.

Look on the kawasaki.com site under Owner Info / Parts Diagrams for the most accurate parts information.

I would say almost all the parts are "the same", not interchangeable.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128