Not idling bogging down/stalling

Got questions? We got answers....
Kdxxx

Post by Kdxxx »

Hey peeps I'm a newbie to this forum but need abit of help I got a 90 model kdx200 e2 (oil injected) wen I start it it won't idle I have to rev it to keep it from stalling and wen the bike gets goin it only runs wit the choke on (pulled up?) and wen I really go to gas it it just Boggs down then eventually stall any input would b handy
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Not idling bogging down/stalling

Post by Julien D »

Sounds like your carb needs a thorough cleaning. Remove the jets, and make sure they are clear. A guitar string and some compressed air works wonders.

Welcome to KDXRIDER!
Kdxxx

Post by Kdxxx »

I've removed and cleaned the carb twice already disconnected the oil injection fidled with the furl and air screws still no response from the bike could piston ring wear b a cause?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Maybe. Check compression. Some folks have different ideas about carb cleaning. Did you remove the jets from the tet block and blow out the passages?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
Kdxxx

Post by Kdxxx »

Yeah have done that twice now but why would the bike only run wen chokes on? Still bogging out but won't even stay running with it off
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

That usually is a sign of a plugged pilot jet. Where is the air screw at? If the carb is clean and the pilot is clean try adjusting the air screw.
Kdxxx

Post by Kdxxx »

Sorry I mean idle screw on the back of the carb
exilestudios

Post by exilestudios »

My bike did this similar thing when I first got it. What I found that made the biggest difference was taking off the left KIPS cover and cleaning all the nasty gunk out then putting a new gasket on it. I had been mentioning my problems on here and was thinking that perhaps my carb jets were off. I used to have to run it with the air screw practically all the way in or with the choke on at all times. Now that I've cleaned that out it doesn't bog so bad when getting on the throttle. Whereas, before I had to flick the throttle non-stop until it was up and going. This may or may not be your problem. I'm just throwing an idea out there of something to check out, which is based on what I have experienced with my 89 KDX 200.
Kdxxx

Post by Kdxxx »

Hey mate how do you take the kips out is there any chance the kips could need replacing
gabesterkdx

Post by gabesterkdx »

i have the same problem but im only getting 40 miles on a tank im running 50 to 1 all stock jets i cant figure it our great compression somone help
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The problem the OP describes is a typical idle circuit clogged up/not functioning or fuel delivery issue. Make sure you have no air leaks anywhere (usual suspects are the carb to reed block boot, reed block spacer) and that the bike is in good condition (compression/leak down values good), and the petcock filter isn't plugged up (they have a tendency to collect crap, or sometimes break off altogether inside the tank. Easy check pull the fuel line off the carb, stick it in a jar and turn on the petcock, you should get a nice fat flow of fuel coming out. Then get a new plug, fresh fuel, clean air filter, and rerun the jetting procedures.