OLD!! Gas

Got questions? We got answers....
hbgod

OLD!! Gas

Post by hbgod »

so i got all the parts out of storage for my 86 kdx 200....... the tank had old mix gas in it. 15year old mix. so the inside of the tank is all gunked up and the petcock is pretty much garbage. im not sure how to clean the inside of the tank. its a mix of gas, oil, and rust just coated in the inside of the tank.
any suggestions?
If you ain't Mixin Gas, You ain't Haulin Ass!
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

OLD!! Gas

Post by kawagumby »

that's a tough one, but I think mebbe acetone and a pack of BB's shaken, not stirred?
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Thrahl

Re: OLD!! Gas

Post by Thrahl »

I've seen videos of people filling their tanks with nuts, bolts, rocks, anything really and packing it tight into their clothes dryer with the heat off and towels all around it so it doesn't bang around.
A cement mixer would be better if you have one.
hbgod

OLD!! Gas

Post by hbgod »

im afraid acetone might kill the plastic tank but maybe bbs in the dryer wud work lol
If you ain't Mixin Gas, You ain't Haulin Ass!
CoronasAndChips
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: OLD!! Gas

Post by CoronasAndChips »

They sell Acetone in plastic bottles. ( nail polish remover) Try Simple Green it not flamable and cuts grease really good. Also myabe you could rent a Paint shaker for a few hours?
Elbow grease contains no trans fat!
CoronasAndChips on XBox Live
BFBC2, BF3, COD 2,3,4, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, Tiger Woods 08' and 09' and Forza 2..... mostly