Broken Leg

Causes and cures...
MaD_SheF

Broken Leg

Post by MaD_SheF »

Well today marked the start and end of me my dads and my brothers season.. Well anyways, my dad was leading i was in the middle, brother behind me. We were just going off the side of the trail to go around a big mud puddle and those slimy roots just like to jump out at you as im sure many of you know. somhow my dad didnt see it, knocked his front end left into a tree, and caused him to fall right. there was a small tree fallen over the trail on an angle right beside him. when he went down his right boot got caught on it and he couldnt clear it from the bike.. so the tree was right around where his ankle was, his knee was on the ground. When his bike fell over, the swing arm landed right under his knee, a little ways above the fallen tree.. snapping his leg. quite fortunatley, we were about 2 minutes ride from the truck so i went back and grabbed straps and t shirts. we found some sticks and made a splint. And after passing out once, my dad being the trooper that he is, rode the bike out. :supz:

Anyways he and my mom are at the urgent care centre getting er looked at. They expect it to be broken in 2 places, unless the swelling was worse then it looked.. Well it was a short season but we had a good days ride before the accident. so its not all bad. :wink:

EDIT: It turns out that it is broken in 4 places.. The main bone is broken in 3 and the other bone in one. They are sending him to get surgery right now. But on the plus side his back doesnt hurt any more! :supz:

We had a good laugh on the way home so we know his sense of humor isnt damaged. Well we are hoping everything goes well.. Il update soon.
"I didnt quit riding becuase I got old, I got old becuase I quit riding." Best quote I have ever heard haha.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Man! Sorry to hear that!

The older you get ...the longer it takes to heal....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
MaD_SheF

Post by MaD_SheF »

Yeah my dad is 48 so hes getting up there. Hes in surgery right now i will update tomarrow when i hear from my mom.
"I didnt quit riding becuase I got old, I got old becuase I quit riding." Best quote I have ever heard haha.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Hope he heals up quickly. Inda is right, but some are just tougher than others. Hopefully, he is one of the "some" and not one of the "others." :grin:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Wish him well. I am still recovering from a Broken Elbow form a April 19th ride. I have a Titanium Plate & Screws in my Left Arm..About 4 inches of my ULNER Bone was in pieces. Let him rest & make sure the Dr's give him medication for the injury. I stayed in the hosp. for 3 days, so tell him if he does not feel good enough, LET THEM KNOW HE WANTS TO STAY!!!! Again wish him well...This injury occured from a LOW SPEED WHEELIE, when I LOOPED & tried to muscle the bike to the ground....Lesson learned LET THE BIIKE GO!!!!!!!!

PS YA LITTLE BASTARD :wink: I'm 42 & 48 IS NOT GETTING UP THERE... :wink: :butthead: :butthead:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
MaD_SheF

Post by MaD_SheF »

lol. Well the surgery went really well. They are keeping him there for the rest of the week i think. Maybe a little longer. And ouch on the elbow. my buddy just broke his biking a few weeks ago.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I take it they used Rods & such.....He will be fine.......Like I said...Make sure they give him meds after the hosp. They give you potent stuff in the hosp. then kick ya out the door. He should be comfortable & his pain should be managed, it's important for his recovery.......Tell your dad to post some pics...I'll show you mine if he shows me his......Tell Dad to get well soon... :supz:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
MaD_SheF

Post by MaD_SheF »

will do.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
MaD_SheF wrote:Yeah my dad is 48 so hes getting up there.
Yea, that's, like, OLD, dude! :supz:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!