Best way to prevent an injury...Don't Crash!!! LOL

Causes and cures...
Roland C

Best way to prevent an injury...Don't Crash!!! LOL

Post by Roland C »

Too bad I didn't take my own advice last weekend. Probably the last ride of the year before the snow sets in up here in Montana and I go and try knocking down a tree. The tree was too big to fall over and I pulled my calf and hamstring in the process! What really chaps my bum is that it was on a cake straight, just got too much throttle while going over a root after crossing a creek to throw the bike sideways. The back slipped off the trail downhill and I was toast. Hit the tree as I was trying to get clear of the bike. The bike came down on my leg and tweaked things a little. No worries, though. It's already feeling pretty good and I'm ready to snowboard!
'02 KDX200
'00 TTR125L
'02 SV650S
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Glad your alright...
Throttle control is on my list to work on... I always come in too hot! Somehow I alway come out of it so far... Well... except for 3 years ago on my KTM 250 EXC.... which is why I ride a KDX. I bought the KTM because of all the positive reviews but they never said it was a race bike out of the box and it only has an 1/8 throttle! That was my downfall...... Loop' d loop... several flips later sitting on the ground thinking... am I OK? WOW... that tabletop was a 20'r but I went 80'.... I couldn't walk for a day and could barely after 2. I was soooo sore and felt like an old man with a missing toenail! :lol:
So, I went out to find a better throttle for it, bought a Mangra (I think that's what it's called... ) didn't help. I liked the bike but I hated the seat, wasn't comfortable riding and that DURN throttle was too sensitive. Besides, after that accident, I didn't feel confident enough on it anymore. Hurt my ego I guess.... :roll: :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

That'll teach ya for ridin' a pumpkin... :butthead: :mrgreen: Seriously though glad you both are OK...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."