Broke foot!

Causes and cures...
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Broke foot!

Post by Indawoods »

Damn! damn, damn!

Broke my foot last night.... not bike related other than I WAS going to go riding today. :evil:

I live in a split foyer house and was flying down the stairs and my last step before making the turn, I turned my foot to make the turn and it folded under on me. Heard and felt this POP! :shock:

After that I could feel it moving in there... haven't went to the Hospital yet... but on my way shortly. I want to make sure I make the LBL ride on Labor Day!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

That sucks hard Inda - Hope you heal up in time for the LBL ride. Keep us posted!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'm going regardless....
And I will be riding...even if I have to get a cortizone shot!

Most people I see at work that get's this injury are back on their feet in 4 weeks. So, I'm not too concerned about it.

Best part is more Vicodin! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well... It is broke. They gave me this sweet "Body Armor Walker II" to wear. It is designed just like a MX boot except toeless. Don't mind wearing it a bit...especially since it makes my foot feel so much better. Should get some babes attention at work.... :wink:

Vicodins help the pain too!~ :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

cmot

Post by cmot »

Well maybe you should wear your armor in the house.... :grin:
That happed to me not to long ago, Man it hurts!!! Get better. :supz:
Just bury me when I can't ride anymore...
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

That flat out sucks V. Heres to a full and very speedy recovery dude. :partyman:

I smashed 6 bones in my left foot a few years back and its the inconveinience that hurts the most. Oh and PHYSIO, PHYSIO, PHYSIO !!!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Hey Jeff Ward won his last Supermoto championship with a broken foot! Having anything wrong with you foot or legs sucks! I had a severe sprain ankle a few years back and it still bothers me to this day. The doc told me it would have been better if I had broke it. So maybe you will heal up better and faster than I did. I think your looking at least at 4 to 6 weeks. UIt took me 3 weeks just to be able to walk without crutches. That sucks man, I'm sorry to here it. :sad: I got to try my knee out yesterday on new trails and rode faster than I ever have on a bike on tight trails, it was awsome! Hope you heal fast bro!!! :supz:

Jon.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I broke three toes in May-05 in my first H/S, which was in SAND (I HATE THAT CRAP, EVEN MORE NOW). Riding through deep sand whoops and a piece of sand pine (Small Log) was lying in the valley of the whoop. Well I hit it while shifting and (HOLY S&*T) by foot bent 90 degrees down. My foot was gangrene looking for the first week as well as swollen. Took about 3 weeks before I could ride again. ICE & HEAT is the only thing that helped. Well, Vicoden was fun also :supz: :supz:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Sorry about the old post, just scrolling through, and I was also given Vicodin, but it didn't help me at all! That's 2 pills at a time and I still felt nothing! 1000 mg I believe...

Vince, what was your dosage?
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:Sorry about the old post, just scrolling through, and I was also given Vicodin, but it didn't help me at all! That's 2 pills at a time and I still felt nothing! 1000 mg I believe...

Ask your doc if you can supplement the Vicodin up with Ibuprofen . . .

When the block from my surgery wore off I was crawling the walls even though I was maxed out on the narcotics. The doctor-on-call told me to take 600mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours . . . after about 12 hours I was considerably better off.

But don't take my words as advice, call your doc . . .
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:Sorry about the old post, just scrolling through, and I was also given Vicodin, but it didn't help me at all! That's 2 pills at a time and I still felt nothing! 1000 mg I believe...

Ask your doc if you can supplement the Vicodin up with Ibuprofen . . .

When the block from my surgery wore off I was crawling the walls even though I was maxed out on the narcotics. The doctor-on-call told me to take 600mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours . . . after about 12 hours I was considerably better off.

But don't take my words as prescription; call your doc, might even get ahold of whomever is "on call" tonight and get the pain under control . . .
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I would take 2 at a time every few hours... no problems...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Vicodin has no affect on me as a pain reliever also. It's your body's chemistry; the way it metabolizes the drug. Just about any narcotic has no affect on me in non life threating doses. One time, a long time ago when I was in the military, I was given 3 doses of morphine during an emergency awake surgery. I felt every slice and every tug and every stitch. I kept telling the surgeon that he got ripped off, that the morphine was swapped for a placebo or something. He didn't believe me, so after he got done, I hopped off the table and told him to watch this: I stood on one foot, closed my eyes, tilted my head back, arms wide apart, then touched the tip of my nose with each hand, one at a time. He couldn't believe it. He didn't think I would even be able to stand without 2 nurses supporting me.

Vicodin does have one affect on me, I have just awful nightmares when I take the stuff. In order to have any affect and be able to rest, I double dose and then wash it down with single malt scotch. No nightmares and I sleep real good that way.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

My doc prescribed Vicotin to me also after knee surgery. I really did'nt need it but it was suppose to make you drowsy so I took the prescribed amount and I also had some vivid nightmares/ halucinations. At one point I think I was having both being partly awake and half asleep it was truely a trip. It so screwed with my head that I have never took any since. I threw it out.

JMH.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I was prescribed Percasets, no nightmares . . .

Jafo, what kind of knee surgery did you have?

CLICK FOR PICS!