SR Pics!

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The spirit of the post I believe since it was so long ago was that the parts would be next to impossible to source.

I recall that the tap looked differently on some of the Aussie bikes that have been posted on the forum before....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Well... if you have a Canadian model... then that's not a US model is it?
Wow... Either you must be joking, or you still don't understand what I'm asking.

I'm trying to find out if the spare port located on the left radiator is the one you're talking about that goes to the thermostat on the SR's. Check the part numbers, the US and Canadian radiators are the same. I think all north american KDX's were identical with the exception of the tripmeter being in miles or KM.

Hence, I ask why you would state that "US models don't have it" when clearly they do. Or, is there some confusion on the port in question?
'00 KDX 220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I edited my post.... but... just because something has the same part number, doesn't make them the same.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A thermostat on a KDX would be pointless IMO. The high output stator would not be though... that is the only thing I would want from a SR. Definately not the metal gas tank! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I edited my post.... but... just because something has the same part number, doesn't make them the same.
I thought that was the point of different part numbers. On a side note, I just checked the US parts fiche, and I can see the same port, plug, and washer present on the US fiche as on my Canadian bike.

A7 FWIW.
'00 KDX 220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Like I said... I believe they are different from a SR what I recall.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I would like to have the oil injection, personally. I love that about my old 73. Variable mix by RPM and throttle position. Neat.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:I would like to have the oil injection, personally. I love that about my old 73. Variable mix by RPM and throttle position. Neat.
till it breaks down and you find out ... too late.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:I would like to have the oil injection, personally. I love that about my old 73. Variable mix by RPM and throttle position. Neat.
Yep! The oil injection was one of the first things removed from my old RD's.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
CNDN KDX

Post by CNDN KDX »

Inda, would be able to send the link for the last 250. I have a Canadian (obviously) modela dn the thought of motarding it has been fascinating me for a few years. Would love to chat with owner of last bike, if he could be tracked down. :supz:
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

The port in the radiator could be for a temp sender but not a thermostat. A thermostat needs to be able to stop the flow of coolant, that could not be done once in the radiator.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You are probably right... it probably wouldn't be that hard to adapt one either....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Denexc

Post by Denexc »

Not much in them to break down.

Run by a gear cog which gives pressure and throttle cable to adjust flow.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: SR Pics!

Post by Julien D »

Denexc wrote:
Not much in them to break down.

Run by a gear cog which gives pressure and throttle cable to adjust flow.

Holy old thread, Batman!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk