kdx220sr emulsion tube

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
kdxdazz

kdx220sr emulsion tube

Post by kdxdazz »

i had to order the kdx200sr emulsion tube /jet needle for my kdx220sr as the stock jet needle is no longer in production, can anybody tell me the difference as they look identical, adjustable jet needle height seems like a trick feature
1999 KDX220SR (KDX220-B5)
kdxdazz

Re: kdx220sr emulsion tube

Post by kdxdazz »

here is a photo
Attachments
183318.jpg
183318.jpg (116.42 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

I wouldn't know the difference on your parts but hopefully it gives you the same results as a jet needle I replaced on a Honda with a Keihin PE carb. The guy who sold it to me said the bike isn't what he wants as 2 strokes are so cold blooded that he can't putt around at all without fouling a plug. He said its a race bike so you know it has to be run at wide open throttle to be happy and takes a lot of kicks to start it. I said yep and handed him the money.

Replacing that is the most rewarding part I've ever put on any bike, especially since it was $7.00. The bike idled like a dream and could putt around as much as needed with excellent low end response. HIs settings were so far off that when I first installed it the bike was idling about 3500-4000 rpms. After install the idle and air screw were incredibly responsive.

Here's wishing you the same.
kdxdazz

Post by kdxdazz »

thanks john, did yours also have the adjustable nut and if so what did you set it at? when i bought this kdx220sr the owner had a 30mm chinese PWK and some idiot had put the needle in a drill and tried to file down the taper, didn't even use sandpaper lol. he said the original keihin wouldn't work well and when i checked the emulsion tube you could see it was completely corroded, looking forward to trying a round slide carb, read that they are superior at idle and low rpm"s hence the reason they put them on the street version
once i get it up and running planning on making a comparison video between it and my other kdx220sr which has the 34mm lectron
1999 KDX220SR (KDX220-B5)
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

The one that came for a PE34 was just a direct replacement with no adjustability. I did install that carb on my KDX once using one of those test fuel bottles that hangs from the handlebars. The throttle cable going straight up would’ve hit the gas tank and the throttle cable had too much slack but my KDX never idled better and the air screw acted how we wish all of them did. As you turned it the difference in idle was practically immediate and so easy to find the middle of too rich and too lean.