Kickstand diode box bypass??? Need help.

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
Shaymish

Kickstand diode box bypass??? Need help.

Post by Shaymish »

Hi all.
First post on this forum, done plenty of digging around here for a mate. Actually joined the forum just to help him out with a minor resto.

Spent the last two weeks just trying to find a wiring diagram for his 94 kdx250 sr jap spec. He managed to find one on google so I'll post that up once I get a decent copy from him for anyone else interested.

Anywhoo, to the point at hand. Just wondering if anyone has successfully bypassed their kickstand switch just to get the bike running for testing. Were missing the diode box and a couple of other little bits but don't need them on the bike at all at the moment. Just want to get it started after the engine rebuild.

Thanks in advance for anyone that might be able to help.

Cheers from Aussie-land.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Kickstand diode box bypass??? Need help.

Post by diymirage »

i dont have one on my bike but i cant imagine it is more then 2 wires?
if so, just jump it
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Shaymish

Post by Shaymish »

That's the thing. We can't jump it because we can't get it to fire at all. Seem like the cdi isn't letting it go without the right inputs from the whole clutch/neutral/kickstand circuit....
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

From what I remember that's the F series bike we didn't get in the states. Like most kickstand switches you can just short the two wires (Blue/Red and Black/Red IIRC). Same with the clutch switch, just jumper it at the lever, and the Neutral switch should just be an idiot light, not required for starting. There's a member on here that has more experience with this model, Jaguar. He may jump in and help out
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

If you jumper the switches and still have no spark I would imagine its another issue.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.