1992 kdx 200 sr idling issue

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
Mobemonkey

1992 kdx 200 sr idling issue

Post by Mobemonkey »

Bought a kdx 200 sr a couple of weeks ago with an idling issue. The bike runs spot on when any throttle is applied but then idles before cutting out... At first I thought it may have been a blocked jet but I have since taken the carb apart and checked both jets and everything seems to be fine, but I did notice a slight indent on the slide where the heigh is adjustable... Possibly causing the problem of the engine not getting enough or the fuel/ air mixture? Also, I'm not sure if it is an original part or a new aftermarket one, and I have struggle to find a replacement part on the Internet/ eBay.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement slide, possibly from the same carb on a different bike? (I believe it is the PE28mm carb...)

Any help would be great... Don't know how many of these bike are left... Especially in the uk :)

Cheers!
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: 1992 kdx 200 sr idling issue

Post by Jaguar »

I had an SR200 years ago. Pull the plug and check for spark when kicking it over. (hold the plug threads onto the head)
Check the cranking pressure. Make sure the crank seals are good. check the reed petals. clean the carb (make sure you can see through the jet holes with the jets removed)
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 1992 kdx 200 sr idling issue

Post by bufftester »

Take the carb out and clean it thoroughly. Then the usual, fresh gas, clean filter, new plug and go from there. The PE28 can be jetted just like the PWks, so follow the guide http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=1156.