pump or premix

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
kriss

pump or premix

Post by kriss »

my bike has been running on premix since i bought it 2 weeks ago but is also fitted with a seperate pump so my question is which is best pump or premix?. does the pump lube anything else or can bike be run safely without it and completely removed? im asking because bike is going in for complete rebuld tomorrow so any help id be very gratefull for :grin: bike has been running at 36-1 does that sound right
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

pump or premix

Post by scheckaet »

As far as I know, the pump is for oil premix only.
You need to make sure the oil pump is disabled if you're going to go the premix route.
if you're going to go back to using the pump you must make sure it really works and is tuned properly before using it.
kriss

pump or premix

Post by kriss »

scheckaet wrote:As far as I know, the pump is for oil premix only.
You need to make sure the oil pump is disabled if you're going to go the premix route.
if you're going to go back to using the pump you must make sure it really works and is tuned properly before using it.
the bike is allready running premix as i bought it 2 weeks ago and would like to keep on premix but keep reading well they also lube the main bearing? how is the pump disabled but sure the repair shop should know this?. as long as it wouldnt damage anything would rather run premix. many thanks for your help :grin:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

pump or premix

Post by KDXGarage »

Feel free to stick to premix. 36 to 1 sounds good to me. IF!! the oil pump ever went out, you would be screwed. Just make sure it is disabled, blocked off, etc.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: pump or premix

Post by Jaguar »

On my Suzuki street 2 stroke I use premix and I haven't done anything to "block it off". I don't think you have to.
Read about engine oils and premix ratios here: www.dragonfly75.com/moto/oil.html
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/