interchangeable parts

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
scuberdiver

interchangeable parts

Post by scuberdiver »

I have 91 kdx 200 sr here in Australia i was wonder what chain slides and chain blocks fit from other models kx /klx is there a list some were of all these parts that will fit iam looking for expansion chamber as well and will be punting a tank of the e model on it as well any help would be great thanks Jeff
CharlieB

interchangeable parts

Post by CharlieB »

Hi Scuberdiver, the only way I have found to find interchangeable parts is to use a parts fiche or parts finder such as http://www.elliottbrosbendigo.com.au/partFinder
I'm in Australia aswell (melbourne) and have a KDX250SR and finding artermarket parts for it is hard, almost everything i've bought has had to come from a Kawasaki dealer as these bikes are relatively rare in OZ and there was never a big aftermarker scene for them to start with. :sad:
More than likely the chain slider will have to come from a dealer or if you can find a part number search ebay, for the chain block you might be able to luck out and get a KLX or KLR one that is close enough and modify it so that it fits.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
HillbillySnowman

Re: interchangeable parts

Post by HillbillySnowman »

Charlie you are a lifesaver. I have been looking for a 200SR oem parts dealer since I bought the bike. Thankyou for the link. Time to start spending big. :grin:

Jeff, retrofitting the fmf fatty pipe from the "E" series kdx is really quite easy. All you need to make are some brackets that will hold the springs. I made some out of scrap steel plate I had lying around and bolted them to the flange bolts. I will take some pictures tomorrow to show you what ive done. Ive also done the "E" model tank swap and you only need to take off the oil tank and grind the oil tank mounts off and the rear steel tank mount off. Ill also get some pics of that if you would like.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I've had my 1989 KDX200F1 since new!
Best mod you can do apart from a pipe, is to fit the bigger carby from the "E" series - really makes a difference.
I may be old, I may be slow, but hey I'm still getting my leg over - a dirt bike!
scuberdiver

Post by scuberdiver »

Thanks for your help there guys will be speaking to Elliottbrosbendigo and ordering a few thing thanks there Hillbillysnowman if you could put of some pics of the tank mod and the exhaust spring mod that would be great as the bike is going to a mates this sunday to get the exspaion chamber put on and the tank as well just put a new swing arm kit in and a linkges kit and will be putting a bigger carb on it as soon as i can find one thanks jeff
HillbillySnowman

interchangeable parts

Post by HillbillySnowman »

Here are some photos Jeff.
http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/Hillb ... n/library/
Tell me if you want better pictures of the spring holders and i'll take the pipe off and take some more. Due to the different design of the exhaust outlet on the head some leakage will occur around it. It's not perfect but it does the job. I also placed a thick gasket doughnut inbetween the pipe and the exhaust outlet. To stop the tank cracking where it touches the the ground off tank mount, I cable tied some old rubber from a mud flap. If you have any more questions just ask.
scuberdiver

Post by scuberdiver »

Thanks Snowman those phots will work just finshed fitting swing arm and shocker in tonight and a few other parts will post some pics up of it soon and let you know how we go with the exspaion chamber on sunday will be ordering new seat cover this weekend as well we are making it look like a 89 as my son likes the 89 looks over the 91 cheers jeff
scuberdiver

Post by scuberdiver »

HI there Hillbilly do you know the dimensions of the rear disc on your kdx inside and out having trouble finding a rear disc thanks jeff
scuberdiver

Post by scuberdiver »

E tank on expansion chamber done rebuilt rear shocker and front forks waiting on new seat cover found out rear wheel id of a 88/87 kx 250