spare parts and an aftermarket pipe?

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
HillbillySnowman

Post by HillbillySnowman »

Hi guys

I recently purchased a 1991 kdx 200 sr model for cheap and have a couple of questions for the SR riders.

1. Are OEM parts still available and if so where? (I have been looking for hours and every website I find doesn't even have them as a search result)
2. My expansion chamber and silencer are both bent beyond repair so I am considering purchasing an aftermarket one. Does the FMF Fatty fit with only modifying the mounting bracket to accept the springs?
3.In regards to my silencer, if I cant find an OEM replacement, what aftermarket one would pass road registration spec in New South Wales.
4. With regards to my engine, will E model parts fit for when I do a rebuild? (I have an E model workshop manual, can I complete most maintenance with this or do I need an SR manual?)
5. Something not as vital, but are the kawi blue shock alligators still available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as sr models seem to be quite rare and their riders even rarer.
Thanks
John
james

Re: spare parts and an aftermarket pipe?

Post by james »

YOU CAN MASSAGE THE THANKS BUTTON THANKS!!!!
HillbillySnowman

Re: spare parts and an aftermarket pipe?

Post by HillbillySnowman »

There aren't any SR OEM parts available and the pipe I already know about. I was asking as to what modifications are needed to fit it.
kwakcrazy1

Post by kwakcrazy1 »

1. The FMF fatty fits but you'll need to cut the flange off your old expansion pipe and re-weld it onto the FMF.
2. Most of the E series parts are ok to use in the sr engine, got a E piston and KIPS valves in mine. The gear ratios are different though.
3. As for part numbers I bought a SR parts manual in Japanese off ebay and order parts through Cradley Kawawaski.

I had both the SR and an E at one point but sold the E as I do a lot of road work.