Legal Non-Pirated Free Manuals

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Legal Non-Pirated Free Manuals

Post by skythrasher »

Hey Inda, What about the manuals posted on ebscohost databases. These are free and accesible to anyone through public libraries etc.

They are free to use and print the terms just say you can't sell or profit.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I have never seen a non-pirated electronic version of Kawasaki's KDX manual. If they have a copyright on them... it means they cannot be reproduced without consent.

Cyclepedia did their own so that is their intellectual property.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

Most of the manuals on Ebsco are Clymer, Chilton, Haynes aftermarket types. There are some OEM manuals. About the newset is 2003 or so. Not just bikes, but quads, boats, cars, trucks, chainsaws, mowers, etc.

Ebsco can be a very valuable resource. If your not familiar you should check it out.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That looks all well and fine but it is not a general public access site that you can just look over everything. You have to access it from Public Library or some other subscriber. Someone is getting paid somewhere....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

Yeah it happens to be one of the few things worth a **** that they have spent our tax dollars on. The libraries, schools, colleges, etc. pay a fee to have access to these databases for their patrons, students, or whoever. Ebsco in turn pays for licensing rights to the owners of the material. This is just a very small portion of what is available on these databases. Most of it is educational and literary in nature.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R