Another Gallery question...

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Another Gallery question...

Post by canyncarvr »

Well...actually a repeat of an earlier question. Apologies in advance if I missed the reply.

I've looked briefly at this..the answer is not apparent..not to me anyway.

I have three sub-albums. Only one, when selected, gives me <Admin Options> to add, delete, etc. photos in that album. I don't know what makes that album different from the others.

I have changed the permissions to 'Logged in' for every aspect OF the permissions. BTW...I changed them before to 'Logged in'. I suppose they changed back due to tweaking/refinement of the galleries of late.

Why is one sub-album different (accessible)? What do I change, how do I change the others to the same access?

Thanks.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

CC... you have to be in the sub-album to add photos to that sub-album. The should all have the same options. I have an admin view so I can change anything if I wish so I can only tell you what it's supposed to do. Try it again but don't change any permissions, they are optimized for the security of your Gallery.

Let me know....

Indawoods
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It appears there may be some issues with the sub-album permission.... figers!

If anyone has an issue.. please let me know. Yours is fixed CC! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

OK... it seems the permissions didn't carry when I ported the Gallery. That's OK though... I fixed everybody! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Sweet, it works flawless now! :mrgreen: For awhile there I thought I was losing my mind. :rolleyes: And you found my lost in space sub-album. :supz: You da man. :prayer:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Actually I found your lost in space sub-album...so PUHLEEZE...credit where credit is due!

...or in other words....Deschutes Mirror Pond...a case or two would be fine. Thanks!! :roll:

re: you have to be in the sub-album to add photos to that sub-album.

Really? Oh my goodness. Who'da thunk that!!! :shock:

(maybe that's funny only to me. I've had to have the very obvious retold to me more'n once..still when I read something that is obviously as plain as day..I wonder. Then I remember... :oops: )

It's good to go, Inda. My sub albums work as they should.

Oh..I had changed the permissions thinking 'logged in' meant logged in AS THE GALLERY OWNER'...not merely a gallery user.

Thanks for changing them back.

Comments? You allowed comments? At one time you specifically did NOT want to do that. So...either that needs to be changed...or you changed your mind?

Thanks!!

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I told you guys as soon as I got upgraded I would open things up! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well, th'ar 'ya go!

I missed that in relation to gallery comments.

Thanks!!

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Personally... I don't like comments... but if you guys so wish... there ya be! Again... not trying to police the world! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I agree with you....btw.

Consider the source

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

canyncarvr wrote:Actually I found your lost in space sub-album...so PUHLEEZE...credit where credit is due!

...or in other words....Deschutes Mirror Pond...a case or two would be fine. Thanks!! :roll:
How do I know You found it? :wink: For that matter; how do I know that you didn't steal it...then claim to find it just to get some beer that doesn't even rank in the top 50 and is only rated in the 82nd percentile? :partyman: On top of that, I've never even heard of it? :?

I guess I can take your word for it. But, you'll have to come down here to collect. :partyman:

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
karbon_dunn

Post by karbon_dunn »

Inda,

I deleted the one album I had in the gallery. Now since deleting it I believe I deleted my profile/album (???) completely. I see no place for me to upload pictures or create a new gallery now.

After staring at green screen half the day I could be missing something. Not complaining about the green here though, it's a perty'r green.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Green screen? :shock:

The link to create a [new album] is in the upper right corner... right beside the [slideshow] link.

Let me know if it's not there... it is for my test account.... testy! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Under the SEARCH box... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I can restore it... can't figure out the name of it though.... What did you call it? :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

OK... I think I got it restored... Just rename the album your handle ...that way I can restore it if you happen to delete it. Just delete pics and not the whole album... Luckily I have another website that has the pics still on it! :lol:

*EDIT*
Nevermind on the rename stuff... I did it for ya! :cool:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

karbon_dunn

Post by karbon_dunn »

Thanks, appreciate it!