Skipro and Inda

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
cmot

Skipro and Inda

Post by cmot »

Hey Inda I think your site is great. And You and Skipro are my Gods.
Skipro must live in the best place bar none. The pics are awsome.
Both of you have set up perfect mounts.
I'll explain. The last 10 years here in OKC I've talked to a lot of riders
at areas around here and the reply to questions about thier mounts are allmost allways the same. "I don't know I just ride it." Even some pros couldn't explain anything about thier bike. They don't even wash or service them after a ride. And as a tinkerer this just kills me.
Allthough I'm not any where near the best or can afford the best, I do
enjoy setting up a good mount. And a lot of what I see is not a lack of funds, Its just lazyness. It doesn't take a lot of money to clean, grease
and adjust things.
I see thier children learning the same thing and creating another generation of same. When I'm out I try to promote the idea to kids to
care how thier bikes work. When me and my son ride it,s a rare if ever case if anything breaks. :partyman: Keep it up.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:supz:

Too right !!!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I HAVE to work on my bike because it breaks so much. Not the bike's fault, I'm just that crappy of a rider. Just yesterday, I though I could go around a 3ft diameter log across the trail by taking the high side and riding around it. Well, that didn't work. The bike and I tumbled down the hill end over end, me trying to tumble faster than that dam bike!!!!! I lost. It snapped the front brake cable at the master cylinder. So now I had no front brake and a bike pinning me to the ground leaking brake fluild into my left ear. Now Inda may be a god, but I sure make a poor example if you'd a seen me yesterday.
Damage me: re-injured rotator cuff on left shoulder, pulled chest muscle on left side. Large abrasion on thigh, (just above the knee guard of course), Foot peg hole on back between chest protector and fanny pack, both knees sore today.
Damage bike; Front brake line broken, bark busters broken (again), lots of scratchs to plastic.
I will do it all over again next weekend too.
I once heard a quote that went something like this, "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly exclaiming, "Wow, What a ride!" "
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Seems my KX brake setup works better eh? :lol:

Hope you make it old man! Sounds like quite a tumble.... I don't mind the low speed ones...I just end up laughing about em...... but the high speed ones ususally take a while to figure out what even happened. :neutral:

Thanks for the support guys!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Sounds painful !!! Don't forget pain killers are your friend. Hope you heal quickly Jerry.

My zip tie setup survived about 8 tumbles down a large drop and is still going strong. :oops:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

cmot:
Take good care of your scoot. (Sounds like you are doing that!!) Someday it's going to get you back to your truck when those other guys are going to be walking 10 miles or so in riding gear. I hope they take a tow rope with them!!!

The irony of the front brake is that I did all that modification to protect what I thought was the vulnerable point on the brake line. Ha!!! Not to worry, I'm working on a new and improved design as we speak. Next week I'll test it too. Sooner or later, that bike will be bullet proof.
I start every ride with 800mg of Ibuprofin, then at lunch another 800mg with a beer chaser. Finally, the hot tub and another brew or glass or two of wine.

It was funny, when Doug (my riding partner) caught up to me and saw me, he just said, "stop doing that!!!" in regards to my predicament. We have some great adventures together, wish we would remember to take cameras though. I keep telling Doug that with a helmet cam and following me, he could get rich!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!