Is KDXRider broken?

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Is KDXRider broken?

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Carvr keeps telling me it is
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Seems to be working fine on my end
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I guess Jerry can't get on either
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Works for me on Firefox 2.0.0.20

Google Chrome

Exploder 7
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It was! :lol:

I couldn't even get on..... should be all fixed now minus the Gallery. Had a major over quota issue. Had to delete the entire thing.

I have the files on my computer so if you need any of the pics in your galleries.... PM me and i will make them available for you to download.

Thanks,
Inda
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

:partyman:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: '.. so if you need any of the pics in your galleries..'

I don't need 'em.

There are only a few thousand threads with links to pics/charts/diagrams/information that were in the gallery that are now useless.

That's a lot of time, effort and trouble gone to hell in a handcart.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

Yessiree
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
bronco95tgp

Post by bronco95tgp »

Here goes a quote from Indawoods in The KIPS Rattle :supz:

"I see no change in any hosting sites policies regarding the issue of users posting pictures, other so may I suggest signing up to Photobucket to post your pics there to be able to post them here.

The only drawback to this hosting site is a bandwidth limitation. You can post thumbnails as a link to the original picture to conserve the bandwidth available to you.

Check it out.... I am sure there are media hosting sites also, but this one is the one that comes to mind.

http://register.photobucket.com/ "
its a '04 KDX 220 cadillac
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I guess I miss the point of that.......

I have photos on photobucket.

What isn't going to happen is: 1. Transfer of the existing photos to PB..and 2. Certainly not the indexing it would take to update the URLs in the thousands of threads to point to the new host.

How would one even go about getting every URL a particular pic is linked in?

Not gonna happen.

A repeat..for the third time even..it's not the pictures that are the problem Inda has those. It's the references (URLs) to them that is the problem!!! ...and the blank square with the red X that will show up in the thread itself.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's was either that... or no more KDXRIDER. This site has an environment in which it has to live in. It's not like a person who gets too big and can stretch.

As those situations come up CC... I can fix them if they are pointing to the albums. Not that big of deal.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

CC, I think the point is that if people had used Photobucket (or any similiar hosting site) in the first place we wouldn't now have threads with the big red X's in them.

In other words, host your photos somewhere else and link to them here. This way the load isn't on KDXRIDER but on the file hosting sites bandwidth and we won't ever have this particular problem again.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The problem was is the site got bloated. The quota monitor was not updating for over a year and they fixed it which crashed the site. The server dropped tons of data when it knew what the sites quota was.

I had to make some hard decisions and since we could not use the Gallery anymore dues to security issues with the host, it was an easy decision. There is no where else I could cut that kind volume but the gallery. We were 800 meg over quota. We now have around 400 meg breathing room for posting data.

Like I said.... on old posts with pic links back to a Gallery Album that is missing... PM me and I will fix it. I don't see that happening as much as some seem to think it will. But who knows....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Glad you are back on line. I was told by SOMEONE that I had been banned. Ha!

Anything you can do to get my photos back to me will be appreciated. Some I have nowhere else. I would be happy to pay for a CD of them mailed to me if needed too. Anything to help.
Jerry
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Brian »

I know the gallery had to be eliminated to keep this site up and running but all those boxes with the red X's are kinda bugging me.

It's like when your hungry for something but nothing quite does it for you.

I'll be reading something and there was supposed to be a picture of what that person was talking about but all I get is the red box of annoyance.

Is there any way to get the gallery back or a way to link those pictures to somewhere else?
KX 250, KDX 220, KDX 220, KDX 200, CR 80

I don't believe in a society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existance---Nick Inatsch
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I can't fix it if I don't know the thread you are talking about. Some threads are so old the pic got deleted long ago by the authors and I have no control over those.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Brian »

I'm reading the one about the transmission output shaft and it has a lot of red X's, but I notice it when I'm looking through the older threads. It's nothing cosmic, I was just wondering.

I don't believe in a society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existance---Nick Inatsch
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That thread is fixed.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Brian »

Thanks Inda for doin that. Will bringing those pictures back to life eventually lead to a recurrence of the same problem that caused their demise in the first place?

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I don't think there is enough in thread pics to do that.... but we will see.....

I have never archived any threads yet on the site like many sites do. If it get's too large then that will be the next step.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****