Helping people to register or login

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Helping people to register or login

Post by skipro3 »

Might I make a recommendation? When someone tries to reply to a post and they are not logged in or registered, re-route them to a page to register or login. When they have done so, then put them back to where they were trying to post their reply.
The way it is now, the system kicks them right out to the home page without an explaination as to why they can't post.
Hope this helps!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Skipro3,
Where that would be a nice thing to do.... I have yet to find or figure out where to hack the php scripts to do that. I was working on the "auto" login when I locked myself out. :oops: Then I got a crash course in SQL... not really my strong suit but I got it fixed. This site is a blast developing and I love the challenges you guys give me. This site has all the functionality it was intended to but there are a lot of hacks that I plan to implement. Arcade, chat on demand, quick edit, country flags, photo album and a link to each users album under their signature 8) . There are alot of things in the works and I have a "to do" board that I add your suggestions to and am working on them.

Thanks for the support guys..... I really appreciate it! :mrgreen:

**edit**
The auto login WORKS!!!! 11/8/04 :P
Next is the Quik Reply Box at the bottom of every thread... Just like DNR! er... DRN I mean.. :? **Edit** QuickReply works! 11/11/04

What going to be the short name for this place? Should I even ask? :evil:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "