A question about direction...

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

A question about direction...

Post by canyncarvr »

Say I get a notification of thread response.

I click on the provided link.

I go to that thread...but NOT as a 'signed on' person.

If I 'login' in from that thread, after login I am sent to the front of the forum...NOT back to where I came from.

Why?

I noticed earlier today that even though I WAS logged on (obviously..I was writing a reply), when I got done with that reply and submitted it, I was taken to a 'login' screen. Luckily, I anticipated what was going to happen next. I went 'back' copied everything I'd written to the clipboard, forward to the 'log in' screen..and sure enough! I was then directed back to the thread...but everything I had typed was gone!

I could just paste it back in, though.

I presume this is because I spent too much time on the reply? I 'timed out'?

Oh...and furthermore...

Merry Christmas!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No timeouts are inplemented, you simply need to checkmark the "auto login" option when you log in at some point and don't delete your cookies and you can avoid any and all of the problems you speak of. This of course means that you need to accept cookies which this site uses. The last time we had a discussion like this , you were going to woodsrider.net/kdx and that is not a correct URL for the site and will cause very strange problems like which you speak of. If you use and bookmark the proper URL of kdx.woodsrider.net then once again you will not have that issue. I can explain it like this:

Although you can use woodsrider.net/kdx and your on that address, when you post, it will post to kdx.woodsrider.net etc...etc... and which essentially puts you on a different site as far as the site is concerned and will bring you to the login screen.
If none of this is the case, let me know because I have never had anyone say they have this problem nor have I.

And the same back to ya BUCK! :shock: :lol:

Merry Christmas!!!! :partyman:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I knew you would ding on me about addressing. Is 'The last time we had this discussion...' anything like, 'Listen up, dumbas.....'? ;)

In fact, 'http://kdx.woodsrider.net/' is the URL I use....so there.

IE6's cookie 'policy' is set to 'medium'. That may have an impact depending on what you do with cookies. BUT...I have the the site in the 'allow all' mode anyway, so it really shouldn't matter.

So...'..none of this is the case...', but doan worry about it. I asked out of curiousity. It happened once. If it repeats, I'll ask again.

Thanks.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:lol: Nah... just trying to "refresh" a previous conversation! You may at some point dumped your cookies on the floor and the dog got 'em. Who knows at this point. Like I said though... no one else has come to me with this problem, so I'm sure it's some kinda IE setting causing it if it happens again. :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "