Bart attacks!

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bart attacks!

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Well, I have some info on the Bart Butt problem on my home PC. (i'm at work now, so I can at least pose this problem to you)

Every graphic on the KDXRider site routes to a different URL.

For example:
This URL is for the "contact us" photo
http://kdxrider.net/forums/templates/su ... t-page.gif

I can copy and paste it to a new tab and execute. When I do, I get routed straight to the page Vince got the Bart Butt photo. (I don't have that page right now, it's only on my home machine, but I will write it down tonight and post it here tomorrow)

So, the problem is that there must be some virus or small program that redirects every .jpg page from kdxrider to this website with Barts Butt and therefore EVERY graphic from my home PC on the KDXrider site is Barts Butt.

I hope that makes sense. I sure wish I would have written down that forwarded website last night for the Barts Butt.

How can I get my home PC to stop routing all KDXrider graphics to this other website with Barts Butt?
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/bart.gif

The forwarded site that all the graphics take me to: WHAT IS THIS?!?!

Inda: I'll take you up on the offer for XP. I'm ready to dump theis whole system and strart fresh.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

How to get in touch with us:

eMail (preferred):

help@AmbrosiaSW.com - General help
lostcodes@AmbrosiaSW.com - Lost/invalid license codes
webmaster@AmbrosiaSW.com - Web site problems

Phone:

Tel: 585.325.1910 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm EST)
Fax: 585.325.3665

Mail:

attn: Tech Support
Ambrosia Software, Inc.
PO Box 23140
Rochester, NY 14692
USA
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

skipro3, what version of IE are you running?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

So.. your going to contact them and tell them that I'm taking 3kb of their bandwidth everytime someone crosslinks a file to someone elses site?

I'm confused! :?

Guys... I picked that pic for a reason.

You see I have the option to provide an alternate pic to be displayed instead of just blocking the file transfer. So... I picked Bart mooning your ass for taking the bandwidth to post a a pic from this site.

It seems innocent enough on the outside but those large files add up in bandwidth everytime someone pulls that file up on other sites... I get hit with the file being pulled down from this site.

Get it now?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Well why didn't ya just say so ?!? :roll: :shock: :razz: I get it now.... :rolleyes:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I did... just wasn't able to communicate it well.

Sorry...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I'm just razzing ya, no need for sorrys. Sorry for making you feel sorry enough to say sorry. :mrgreen:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I thought I said that already....

booo hoo hoooo...no one reads my junk........ :sad:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You did...they just weren't listening. Sometimes it's real tough to describe this crap... I have years and years at it. I love it because it challenges my brain.... bad!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:twisted: Oh fer crying out loud Bradley, don't be such a big ol' cry baby, go and blow ya nose, wash ya face and go back outside and ride ya push bike. Sheesh !!! :lol:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I just don't understand why I get barts instead of the regular graphics? I'm not linking anything. I'm beginning to think the KDX site is somehow thinking that every graphic I'm viewing from it's site is a cross link by mistake . I'm so sick of looking at his stupid bart all over the kdx page !!!

Hey! I just noticed a flower graphic!! Not a bartbutt. Here is the link:
http://status.icq.com/5/online2.gif

Now why would every KDX graphic link to the bart butt except this one? Because it is not on the KDX page. Here's a little experiment: I'm going to link a photo from another site here and see if it cross links to bart:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That won't do it... it's the other way around.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

o.k. I see the yamaha generator!!! The only graphic that isn't bart!!!

Inda: could you turn off the feature that links outside refernces to graphics on your site to the bartbutt site as a test to see if the butts go away for me? I'm guessing they will. That for some reason your site thinks that I'm at fault for viewing your graphocis???
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I still think you haven't went to some other site... get completely off of kdxrider.net...go into tools/internet options and hit the delete files button have you?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Ski - At home do you browse with the pictures disabled because your using dialup? If you do try re-enabling the show pictures automagically option and see if the barts go away.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Yes, I did. I even deleted firefox and reloaded it. BTW I don't see bart from the http://www.woodsrider site. Every graphic on this, the kdxrider site boots me to the bart page. A graphic that is not on this site like the generator link I put up, shows up as it is supposed to. Only graphics from http://kdxrider.net/forums/images are being rerouted to http://www.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/bart.gif

IE version is : 6.0.2800.1106IC
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Do a screen shot and post it.. I wanna see!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

m0rie:
I don't know how to browes with the pictures disabled. I didn't know I could turn them off. How might that be done?
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

How do I do a screen shot?
Jerry