Bart attacks!

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

That would drive me insane too Ski. But its funny as hell. :partyman: :lol: :lol:

We have got to get this figured out.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

And thank you too Jason for the instruction on how to turn off the pictures. I saw m0rie's first since I was scrolling backwards but now see you were first to provide the info.

Now, Why am I seeing bartbutt instead of the regular graphics? When I right click on the graphic, I see the link and it's to the kdx site, but when I try to view it in it's own window, I get leaped to the dang bartbutt site. Like Inda's method to keep others from utilizing his bandwidth only in reverse. I know, I'm stuck in an alternate universe!! Help Mr. Wizard!! (Or was the Mr. Peabody, the dog? I'm so confused!)
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That isn't the best of it m0rie. I see all them batbutts a wigglin' and waving that deriere and none in sync with the others. My wife thinks I'm into young boy's butts and locked me out of the bed room!!! I tell you, she's hysterical and I'm afraid she's gonna hurt herself.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Jerry try http://housecall.trendmicro.com/houseca ... t_corp.asp and do the virus and spyware check. It is free and won't hurt anything. It's worth a try don't ya think ?? :mrgreen:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm doing that Trev. It's slow as heck with a dial up modem. Might be done downloading by the morning though.
Jerry

KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Dial up? I figured they would have fiberoptics out there :lol:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

This'll get stuck at the end of page seventeen...but a BTW...there is NO <ctl> or <alt> required to get a 'print screen' into MSPaint.

Just hit the 'Print Scrn' button.

Earlier references on 'How to' indicated both additional keys...neither is required.

Ha! Yeah...that's funny!!! :bart's butt rolling on the floor laughing out loud:

I don't know if KayD's fave checks for browser hijacks...but yours has certainly BEEN hijacked!!

Another thing to check:

http://hijack-this.net/

That came from entering hijack this into Google.

**edit**
One thing at a time is going to be important. I see no reply as to clearing offline content...whether you did or not.

I'm not familiar with FireFox..but from what m0rie said earlier IE instructions are likely close enough to get you in the ball parK

DO THIS!! (this for IE)

Click on <tools> <Internet Options>

That brings up a dialog box (window) that has options for deleting temp offline content and cookies. DO clear (delete) all offline content AND cookies. Reboot.

Any difference?

**edit**
You might consider taking your machine into work. That is...if you have a NIC (RJ45..8-pin modular plug) on your PC. Plug it into your work network...get some speed going for 'ya!

Yeah...a lot of things may prevent your PC from working on the 'at work' network...but it might just plug in and work. You would likely have to run the Network/On-line Connect wizard. Worth a shot. If you have an IT type around...have her look at it if'n your PC don't come right up.

I'd give you step by steps for W98 to do that...but my shop 98 PC just went belly up Monday.

heh heh..nice touch on the 'her' 'eh?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Carvr;
I deleted everything with firefox and all contents and cookies for IE. Still the same; bartbutt!!
Taking my machine into work isn't an issue. Getting IS to do ANYTHING is. Those are the laziest people I've ever met. They don't have jobs, they hold positions. If you want work from them, think again. Plus they don't like me :sad: I don't know why. Perhaps it's because I hack their stuff too much. Like how i bypass the websense system and chat here without it showing up as me for the user. HA!!!

Trev;
I downloaded and ran it twice. No problems or discoveries either time. I'm clean according to the site, and according to McAffee and now according to Norton too.

I don't know about hyjacking, but I'll read that link, Brad, and see if I can figger that out.

Vince:
Any idea why this is happening now that you see the screen shot and more importantly, how to make it go back to normal?

Happy Anniversary to me!!! Thanks Jason, for reminding me. I'm sure Vince remembers!!! It's been 1 year Vince!! You and me big boy!!!
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Carvr;
That link is bogus. I went there and clicked the link to download. No such file to be found it says.
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

No. It's not. Your PC is bogus, son.

The download link is:

http://anti-hijack.net/download/

It works.

You're PROBABLY trying to download Bart's BUTT! :wink:
Last edited by canyncarvr on 04:20 pm Nov 03 2005, edited 2 times in total.

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

o.k. it works now that you fixed it. Thanks!!
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

It works now that I fixed it??? :hmm: Oh..you mean...now that you figured it out!! :wink:

You're welcome!!

Hijacking is a process by which someone re-routes your browser to some place other than where you think you are going.

You might try:

Clicking the download link above...or

right click the download link, copy the url into your browser address bar...get there that way.

Hey...try a RegEdit **edit <start><run><regedit> ..search for 'ambrosia'. Although...I'd be hijacking you using IPs..not names...

Maybe try this, too:

To overwrite the alternate data stream:

Click Start > Run.
Type:

cmd

and press Enter.

Type:

echo "abcd" > C:WINDOWSSystem:[4 RANDOM LETTERS].dll

and press Enter.

Press F6 or Ctrl + Z

Exit the command prompt.

Type:

exit

Reboot.

The above is specifcally for Windows98 because of the 'Windowssystem' part. Not all OSs use the same name...that info listed below (not important to you..read only if you wanna):

%System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default this is C:WindowsSystem (Windows 95/98/Me),
C:WinntSystem32 (Windows NT/2000), or
C:WindowsSystem32 (Windows XP).

**edit** What it does is rename an alternate system file that has been established with the real name (system.dll) with an appended random set of characters to systemabcd.dll. That will stop it from being used because the registry key with the random characters won't fit the name. The 'abcd' part is based only on some known viri that indeed generate such an alternate stream. A good up-to-date anti-virus program would know if such a stream was in use or not.

Rather than depending on the anti-vi loaded on your machine, you might attempt a scan via the web with an online version..like:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/defa ... &venid=sym

for example.

This is fun, huh???

:roll:
Last edited by canyncarvr on 05:57 pm Nov 03 2005, edited 2 times in total.

Consider the source

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Might as well try one more...it gives you a lot fewer bogus 'threats'.

AND...it's officially OK with BillyG!!

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/securit ... fault.mspx

6.7MB 16 minutes on a 56K dialup (running like it should...which is highly unlikely to be happening).

Probably take you a few hours! :?

I have another specific Browser Hijack checker...2.7MB. Took me 15 seconds to download. :wink:

I'll email it to you if you want.

Trouble with it is you need to know what's going on already...have to choose what to get rid of, what to keep. There are some things running on your computer it may report that you would want to keep. It does a pretty good job of 'splaining what it will do if you ask (right click on the different problems it 'finds').

Let me know!

No other website has a problem like this? Is that correct? You said WoodsRider was ok. All others, too? THAT is suspicious. Oki may well be after you. Ha! That would be a hoot!! (seeing as it's not ME he's messing with!) He's SAID he knows your PC by IP. Bet you don't have a firewall running, 'eh?

Oh my...this would be a GOOD one..... :grin:

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Jerry...

Because you said that the pics are out of sync leads me to believe that indeed something is amiss with your PC.
Whenever a pic is pulled from the same file, your PC uses the same file for all instances. And they are all in perfect sync.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Not necessarily Vince. Jerry is running win98 which kinda points in the direction of an older computer. They could be out of sync just because the computer is slow?

I still think this is a caching problem of some sort, just not really sure why it would be happening in both IE and Firefox.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Are there any common files used between the two? Whenever you reload a program alot of times it leaves system files that program uses when you uninstalled it and will not overwrite these. So, your still using the corrupt file. :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You may be behind a firewall or your ISP is using a caching server. These servers often save (cache) local copies of frequently requested web pages and graphics to reduce traffic loads. Not infrequently these servers can retain their copies long after we've changed them on our servers. In that case you need to contact your ISP Tech Support and ask him WTF!

Using a Caching server is very common for dialup providers.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Web Accelerator perhaps? X4 or some jazz such as that.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Jerry... you don't sync the site do you? This will definately cause it!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Jerry - Goto both of these sites...they will detect if your ISP is running a proxy server to cache the data between you and the rest of the internet.

http://www.lagado.com/proxy-test

http://www.lagado.com/tools/cache-test

Paste the results back into the forum here.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E