Bart attacks!

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bart attacks!

Post by skipro3 »

Well, I have some info on the Bart Butt problem on my home PC. (i'm at work now, so I can at least pose this problem to you)

Every graphic on the KDXRider site routes to a different URL.

For example:
This URL is for the "contact us" photo
http://kdxrider.net/forums/templates/su ... t-page.gif

I can copy and paste it to a new tab and execute. When I do, I get routed straight to the page Vince got the Bart Butt photo. (I don't have that page right now, it's only on my home machine, but I will write it down tonight and post it here tomorrow)

So, the problem is that there must be some virus or small program that redirects every .jpg page from kdxrider to this website with Barts Butt and therefore EVERY graphic from my home PC on the KDXrider site is Barts Butt.

I hope that makes sense. I sure wish I would have written down that forwarded website last night for the Barts Butt.

How can I get my home PC to stop routing all KDXrider graphics to this other website with Barts Butt?

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/bart.gif

The forwarded site that all the graphics take me to: WHAT IS THIS?!?!

Inda: I'll take you up on the offer for XP. I'm ready to dump theis whole system and strart fresh.
Last edited by skipro3 on 10:21 pm Nov 02 2005, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yes you are correct in that if you post a pics URL in your browser it will show up as Bart. That is for anyone. If the pic is located within a webpage on this site. It will not. As you notice Jerry... no one else is having the issue. This has to be either a web browser problem/ settings issue or something on your PC is broke.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Why would every graphic, when I veiw it on my work pc route me to just that graphic, but from home when I right click the image and view it, it starts at the correct link, but then redirects to the Bart link? I think there must be some rouge program on my PC that says, "If a graphic from the KDX site is requested, route the request to "Bart Butt" site.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's hard to diag without having your PC to investigate. :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

If other sites and programs are accessible I would run an anti-virus and anti-spyware checker if you can. Otherwise connect your hard disk drive to a working 'clean' PC as a secondary drive and scan it from there, if that makes sense. Bottom line is that it sounds very much like a virus and you really need to run a scanner/cleaner of some kind to clean it off. NOD32 is one of the best anti-virus programs IMHO or google Trend Micro Housecall for an online scanner. Good luck buddy !!!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

When I figure it out, I'll let you geeks, er, I mean guru's know what it is. (Yeh, like I'm really going to figure this one out!! Ha!)

BTW I subscribe to Macafee (sp?) and it didn't come up with any problem.
Jerry

kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

I have the same bart butt problem! you are not alone.
'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You see it all over this site? Please explain in detail what the issue is!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Every graphic on the KDX site reroutes to a URL that is the bart butt. I gave an example in my first post with the "contact us" graphic. If I right click that, copy the URL to a new window and execute, can see that the URL is a KDXrider link, but then I am immediately routed to another page with Bart butt .jpg

Something in my PC must be recognizing KDXrider graphics (.jpg) and redirecting to this other site.

With every graphic as bartbutt, it's hard to "see" other stuff. I wish I had copied that page with the bart butt. Do you still have the link Inda? Post it here if you do, and I'll tell you if I recognize it as the one I am routed to at my home PC.
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Again, as example, If I click on this link on my home PC, I am rerouted to a new page with bartbutt

Jerry

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

if I put a picture from my kdxrider gallery on an other forum ..I see this Image

:roll:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That's the bart but I get it from a differet URL source. I'll copy it tonight and post it tomorrow.

Inda; what is the source of your bart? (www.???)
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

THAT'S RIGHT! I keep trying to tell you that that's what you will get! It's stealing bandwidth from this site when you cross link files to another site! Every call from that other site for that picture takes that much bandwidth from my quota.

The second issue.... Why are you viewing properties and pasting the pics path in the browser?

This is the same as posting to another site... as far as the rules for cross linked files goes. It is not being posted into a webpage on this site so it sees it as a redirected photo.

I see no problem.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

oh...ok i will stop linking kdxrider gallery picture to others forums... :grin:

that's was i thinking when i saw this little boy! :mrgreen:

Well said inda!!!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm not linking photos from here to anywhere. Sometimes I might link a photo from somewhere else, (like eBay) to here, but not the reverse.

Every image on the KDXrider site, when I review where on the internet it is stored is where it should be; at kdxrider.net.....etc.... but when viewed, my browser jumps me to a completely different site with the bart on it.
Jerry

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

When you view the image does it open the image in a new window?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

I really didint know it was not good to do this sorry...I understand now.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:When you view the image does it open the image in a new window?
Yes, I right click any image on the kdx, choose either "view image" or "copy image". The URL line in my browser shows a kdxrider link like this:
But then almost instantly, jumps me to another URL link that has Bart on it. Not a kdxrider link. I will copy that link and post it here tomorrow.
Jerry

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:When you view the image does it open the image in a new window?
Yes, I right click any image on the kdx, choose either "view image" or "copy image". The URL line in my browser shows a kdxrider link like this:
But then almost instantly, jumps me to another URL link that has Bart on it. Not a kdxrider link. I will copy that link and post it here tomorrow.
This is the link your going to:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/bart.gif

i think the problem is that your browser settings are set to check for updates each time you visit the page. Inda's anti cross-linking script is kicking in because your browser is issuing a refresh to make sure that its got the current image. When that happens voila your redirected.

Try this test:

Paste this link into your browser window at work:

http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules/albu ... .sized.jpg

It should come up fine. Reload the link and it should change to Bart.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E